WOW! SSR/OKW location gets better...

Thanks for the spoiler! I don't think this will get pulled as it has been well-announced that a new dinosaur-themed restaurant is going in at DTD (it will be in the old valet area). Let's hope the food as as good as the theming!

We have been waiting quite awhile for this one to open! I suspect it will be an instant success!

Remember that this restaurant will be operated by Landry's, and like Rainforest Café, will likely not be on the DDP.

Is there an estimated date for opening? We're going in June and then again in October - I'd love to take my kids here!

Wow, those look great! One question though, what do Jellyfish & Octopi have to do with Dinosaurs? DD loves Dinosaurs so I guess this will have to become a regular dining adventure for us as well. I just hope they have a better menu than Rainforest Cafe. We go there occasionally but the menu isn't good enough for us to go often.

Lori

Wow, those look great! One question though, what do Jellyfish & Octopi have to do with Dinosaurs? DD loves Dinosaurs so I guess this will have to become a regular dining adventure for us as well. I just hope they have a better menu than Rainforest Cafe. We go there occasionally but the menu isn't good enough for us to go often.

Lori

Doesn't the Fantasia sequence with dinosaurs begin with creatures in the sea and move onto land? My thought was that the artists were using Walt's vision from that film to inspire the theme.

Great picutres! That will certainly be a great addition to DTD. If they intend to change DTD to be more restaurants/shoppings--SSR will be the place to stay!

Remember that this restaurant will be operated by Landry's, and like Rainforest Café, will likely not be on the DDP.

That makes it even better news. Landry's and no DDP!!!!:cool1: :thumbsup2 :banana:

I hope we see more of this at WDW. Don't like what WDW is doing lately so I love that they will leave it someone else.:woohoo:

While I agree it is great to have a table restaurant NOT on the DDP, Landry's certainly wouldn't be my first choice. Many of their chains serve similar items pre-seasoned by corporate, and I am allergic to the seasoning.

the post say ' The second location is to be in Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney, Orlando. '

second location - not the one they are currently working on - so who knows when.

While I agree it is great to have a table restaurant NOT on the DDP, Landry's certainly wouldn't be my first choice. Many of their chains serve similar items pre-seasoned by corporate, and I am allergic to the seasoning.

while I agreed - my allergic is pepper. you can order a hamburger - well at least I can.

but boy it definitely hurts to see your family eating those great steaks or fish - and what am I stuck with a hamburger and guess who pays.....

Oh, I didn't know this part. I hope the food will be better than the food at Rainforest Cafe. I've only eaten at the one in DTD once, but they have one near my brother's house. The kids love it, so we endure it for their sake, but the food has always left something to be desired.

Oh, I didn't know this part. I hope the food will be better than the food at Rainforest Cafe. I've only eaten at the one in DTD once, but they have one near my brother's house. The kids love it, so we endure it for their sake, but the food has always left something to be desired.

you see this just proves how different tatses are.

Rainforest is one of the better places to eat at WDW IMO. Rainforest is right up there with the top chains. It isn't gourmet but it is good. We have one here near me in Texas at Grapevine Mall and it is very good. Better than the one at DTD and WAY better than the one at AK.

Now, it isn't my favorite chain, Cheesecake Factory, but it is good. I'm more of a fine dining type of guy but I can appreciate a good chain now and then. Brio is also another good one. Those two would have been great for DTD, especially Cheesecake Factory.

I hopwe with enough guest voicing there displeasure with this new policy that they will eventually return to To Go orders. That simple thing added so much to my vacation pleasure. Sooooooo nice to call ahead and go pick up the food and bring it back to your villa where everyone can relax in front of the TV or in their pajamas.

Please email and write WDW if this new change isn't to your liking.

did a google search for trex restaurant and pulled up the website which has the menu for the Kansas City one. I would guess like the RFC they will be the same where ever they put one in. Has anyone seen any signs of construction for this one at DTD? Their website doesn't list a date not even a year - just "coming soon to DTD at Walt Disney World"

the post say ' The second location is to be in Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney, Orlando. '

second location - not the one they are currently working on - so who knows when.

The first location opened in Kansas City awhile back. You're right..the pics are from THAT locations' build. Looks like the post is from circa March '06.

They're (Landry's...not sure about the fx company) currently working on the DTD location, which will be the 2nd. I THINK it's supposed to open this spring/summer.

Edit:

Here's more of a taste of the KC incarnation:

http://www.theeffectslab.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14309&highlight=#14309

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter