Wow - Rude agent and another odd policy

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
I called to confirm our reservations as we have 2 rooms and a free night at Hard Rock. The woman I spoke to, besides not being overly polite, informed me of a strange policy. Any changes made now require you to give the agent a credit card. Um, why? All she was doing was correcting the reservation from 3 kids to 2 kids and to make that change (no change to price), she informed me she needed a credit card. Wasn't polite about it, but what irritates me is Universal's on-site resort system. It's gotten better as you now can make payments online (though it's very time consuming). Still, not nearly as streamlined as Disney's process. It's the one area of Universal that really needs to be brought into the 21st century.

As it was explained to me when I made a change to my Cabana Bay reservation, Universal hotels went through a system upgrade. When that happened, all of the old credit card information that they had on file was wiped away. So when people call in to make changes, they are having to re-enter the credit card information. No biggie, IMHO.

CaptainKidd76,

How do you make payments for your reservation online? Our family is going to HRH 12/25-1/2, and each time I want to make a payment a representative from Universal has to email me a link, where I fill out an online form, and then my credit card is charged within 24 hours.

TYIA! :)

CaptainKidd76,

How do you make payments for your reservation online? Our family is going to HRH 12/25-1/2, and each time I want to make a payment a representative from Universal has to email me a link, where I fill out an online form, and then my credit card is charged within 24 hours.

TYIA! :)

I’m only aware of the system that has been used for years that allows you to prepay or make payments for the hotel

You do the email request and sent the info to faxing in your info and cc#

Hopefully the op will return and tell us if there is a new system in place for prepayments

What I do is buy UO gc and use my cc that gives me points for that purchase

I buy enough gc in advance to pay for my entire stay when I check in

There is a new online process you can request a link for, but it's easier to just fax the info over.

As it was explained to me when I made a change to my Cabana Bay reservation, Universal hotels went through a system upgrade. When that happened, all of the old credit card information that they had on file was wiped away. So when people call in to make changes, they are having to re-enter the credit card information. No biggie, IMHO.

But why do they need your credit card info if you aren't being charged and your reservation is paid in full?

I probably wouldn't have bothered to go through the effort to change the reservation but that is beside the point.

Universal Orlando's hotels are owned by 3 different entities. Maybe if each did its own reservations, the process would be smoother but that would just complicate matters further.

I wonder if the way they alter the existing reservation is to cancel it and re-book it. Maybe that’s why they need it?

ine (though it's very time consuming). Still, not nearly as streamlined as Disney's process

From reading posts the last year or so, now is Disney’s process better? Is their online payment system back up and working yet?

Disney requires a card to be entered id you’re going to do online checkin. They didn’t used to. It’s been added in the last two years.

Sounds to me like Universal is shifting to the Disney way of doing things.

I’m only aware of the system that has been used for years that allows you to prepay or make payments for the hotel

You do the email request and sent the info to faxing in your info and cc#

Hopefully the op will return and tell us if there is a new system in place for prepayments

What I do is buy UO gc and use my cc that gives me points for that purchase

I buy enough gc in advance to pay for my entire stay when I check in
I wish I could get Universal GC’s in Canada. I love that for WDW you can make monthly payments in advance so your room is paid for ahead of time.

What works best for me is to buy the gc in advance and wait until I check in to pay my hotel charges in advance

hey guys :) So I am looking at booking a hotel and tickets and I wanted to make two different payments one with my credit card and one with my friends but they told me I couldn't do that. Is that not true should I call back?

hey guys :) So I am looking at booking a hotel and tickets and I wanted to make two different payments one with my credit card and one with my friends but they told me I couldn't do that. Is that not true should I call back?

Andrea, the place you were calling was for packages. What you need to do is book tickets and hotel separately. Each order you own ticket from undercovertourist.com or just from the Universal website and then book your hotel separately. You will only be charged a one night's fee for the hotel and then you can split up the payment for the balance when you checkout.

Andrea, the place you were calling was for packages. What you need to do is book tickets and hotel separately. Each order you own ticket from undercovertourist.com or just from the Universal website and then book your hotel separately. You will only be charged a one night's fee for the hotel and then you can split up the payment for the balance when you checkout.

Thanks Do you think I could call with my credit card over the phone and pay the balance ? We are trying to pay everything off before we go.

Thanks Do you think I could call with my credit card over the phone and pay the balance ? We are trying to pay everything off before we go.

You can call and they will arrange for you to pay off the balance. It isn't as simple as just paying over the phone, though. Loews (who runs the hotels) does things differently. What lots of people do is either buy gift cards or prepaid visa cards and that way they have paid everything off without going through the hassle of how Loews Hotels has their customers pay off in advance. However, give them a call and see what they tell you. I know they had been going through some changes on paying off the balance, but not sure what exactly they are doing now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter