Wow, new availability online for 3/25-4/2

movtarget

<font color=purple>Kinda like a puppy<br><font col
Got a call from our AAA rep today saying they had secured the upgrade from full to preferred for our 3/25-4/2 trip (for a few extra dollars, of course). When I booked weeks ago, none were available, but the AAA rep I was using said she would check for me.

I just went online, and for those dates, preferred campsites are showing up online (I've checked sporadically over the past 5 weeks, with no luck). I wonder if they've just finished up some refurb work on a loop or partial loop, freeing up those preferred sites, or if I just got lucky with some cancellation.

Woohoo, it's kinda like an upgrade fairy on a planned cruise trip (but I have to pay for the upgrade) :yay:

By the way, this is from the AAACarolinas group, and they have a good reputation for being in-the-know about Disney.

Moving Target in NC

I was on Disney's site. I don't think their online booking engine keeps true vacancies up to date. It's real hit or miss.

Moving Target in NC

Thank you for the post. I was able to modify my res. for july from rack rate of $72 + tax to 61 + tax for a preferred site with AAA discount that was not avalible just last week Thank you again. Every dollar saved helps.

Are you talking about an upgrade for 3/25 - 4/2 of this year or are you already booked for 2007. We want to book a trip for that time next year and we were wondering how far in advance you had to book?

You should always book as soon as you think you might be going. It is not unusual to book 1+ years in advance. With a "room only" you only need to pay 1 nights deposit and you can get that back if plans change up to (I think) 5 days prior to check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter