• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wow...I just saw that you can get a free ride to SeaWorld on Graylines!

lntsmom

<font color=teal>Soarin' is addictive!<br><font co
I had kind of given up on going to San Diego...it just seemed like a hassle...but I was at HoJos site and followed their link to Grayline Tours and saw that the ride to and from Sea World is free.

Guess that answers the question of what we're going to do with one of our nonDisney days! My kids have never been to Sea World...and I can enjoy the trip because I won't have to drive. Sounds like a deal to me!

BTW...yes, I realize that this means we wouldn't get there until almost 11 and thus, would waste early hours. From what I hear, though, you don't need a full day to do everything there. It's worth the loss of time to get a free ride!

Honestly a free ride would make me go to Seaworld too! I loved the place as a kid and I bet its way better now. I have heard good things and what an adventure with the kid's, play some games, see some sites and look now you are at the park!

We've done it twice, the bus ride - I can't remember if it was free- and it was a great day. Enjoyed the sights on the way.
Liz

That's pretty neat. Does anyone know if that gives you sufficient time to enjoy Sea World? If it picks up in Anaheim around 9am, you won't get to SW until around 11am. What time does it depart to bring you back to Anaheim? Could you spend the night in San Diego and come back the next day?

We are thinking about doing this too, but I wasnt sure if 4 hours of driving in one day would be too much for my 3 year old

We always drive our own car and stay the night in San Diego. If traffic is moving well on I-5 then it can take under 2 hours. 9am should be fine unless there's an accident.

Depending on the dates you go there could easily be plenty to do at Sea World to stay longer into at least early evening possibly later. They often have quite different shows for the sea lions and shamu for daytime vs. night time so you may want to see both.

Greylines says the tour is 11 hours. Providing 2 hours each way would mean it would depart Sea World at 6:15pm arriving back at Disneyland around 8:15pm. That means your day at Sea World is 11:15am-6:15pm. That will be enough to see all day time shows, a couple rides as well as most aquariums and exhibits but you'd have to plan your day well. You maybe able to see the sea lions tonight show as in winter it is often around 4:30pm or 5pm. You would not be able to see Shamu Rocks night time show if its running on the day you go. In late sprint and summer theres also the Cirque De Le Mar show which would require more time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter