Wow. Did you hear about this?

I saw a blurb on this on the late news last night.

Very strage, very disturbing, and very sad. :(

Read about it in this morning's newspaper. :(

What a coincidence !!!! I just read that very same article.

I feel particularly blessed that I have a very easy going, wonderful son-in-law who's in the Army. My DD, Holly does mention quite often that it's very stressful being a military wife.

Those poor, poor families !!!! I hope other families at Ft. Bragg get counseling immediately.

I think there's always going to be a portion of people who can't adjust after being in a combat situation, but most can. I do however, think there's an amount of time needed to decompress, especially from something as stressful as war. During WWII, most of the men overseas came back home by boat, which took about a well-2 weeks. Then with Vietnam & subsequent wars the transport was by plane & you could have someone that was in combat & then mowing their own lawn in about a 24 hour span of time. Don't think it's an issue? Ok, imagine your most stressful day at work & you're home 2 minutes after you walk out of your office. Wouldn't there be a slight change in how you handle things?

I also think that making the soldiers feel at home with things like video games, etc., while a good way for them to unwind, may in the long run have the negative psycological effect of making them feel as though they are in normal circumstances, which could carry over when they come home. I realize the reason they do that is to help the soldiers deal with the situation & not feel so homesick, but that could also lead to a lathargic sense of safety, not to mention that the death of a soldier is taken a lot harder, not only because in the modern US military a death is almost an anomoly, but also shocking because it happened at their "home" or on a "vacation". I'm not suggesting that fighting a modern war is like a vacation, but the sense of safety is certainly there ten-fold versus say storming the beaches of Normandy or Valley Forge, no?

I think it's terrible what is happening & hopefully this is the last instance we hear of this :(

That is so horrid! They're trained to kill. It's frightening! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter