WOW, Cool board!

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
This is a great forum! WDW is such a wonderful place, especially to spend your "special day" with that "special person". I will definetly be having my wedding at the Magic Kingdom, infront of the castle! Wow, wouldn't that be cool!

Best of luck to all of you getting married at Disney!

Thanks Cali! We sure are excited about the new board. You're right... a wedding in front of the castle would be awesome!!!

You're right Cali, a wedding in front of the castle would be fabulous. It's a little out of my budget, but fabulous nonetheless!!!

CaliforniaDreaming, I read somewhere that Magic Kingdom weddings start (yes, start) well over $40,000 (very close to $50,000). So make sure you finish high school and college, and then save all your pennies in order to have an exquisite wedding like that. And don't forget to invite your fellow Dis'ers to the ceremony (I give GREAT wedding presents!).

Magic Kingdom Weddings actually start now at $45,000 MINIMUM. That's the least you need to spend, too, and they have all sorts of options to help you spend money (for example, each ride costs a certain amount of money to have it running, a private fireworks display starts at $15,000, etc). As this is WELL out of my budget range, I never pursued the thought of a MK Wedding beyond the initial wish. :)

Regular Custom Weddings have a minimum expendite of $7500 for Weddings Mon-Thurs, and $10,000 for Weddings Fri-Sun. Intimate Weddings start around $3400, with Add-On Packages around $2100.

The minimum went up! It's now $52,000 (last quote from my SM at FTW)!! That's for a ceremony and reception in the MK park. I think it's $42,000 now for just the reception. I really thought it would be neat to do the castle wedding... but the biggest obstacle to the MK weddings is the park hours, not the price! You can only have a MK event that begins one hour after park closing, and in the summer that's just too late. It must be in the winter, and I was stuck with my date in June to accommodate family schedules :( And in the winter, you never know how cold it might get!

I am having my reception in Epcot though, and I'm really excited about it. It will be in the American Adventure Rotunda! And the cocktail hour will be at Italy Isola. It's a year away, and I'm already so excited! I can't wait!

Hey, if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna have to do it in style! :D Janet2k, so what are you going to buy me? I'll give you 10-15 years to save up your money to buy me something really nice! ;)

:D

CaliforniaDreaming, if I told you what I was going to buy you, it would ruin the surprise (hee hee). Believe me, it WILL be very nice.

By the way, I think it would be lovely to have a MK wedding and reception (or even just a MK reception). Maybe we’ll get lucky over here on the Dis and someone who has done so will post of their experiences. Photos would be wonderful, too. Sigh.

If anyone has not checked out the Disney Fairy Tale website, please do so: http://disney.go.com/vacations/disneyweddings/weddings/weddingmonth.html

The currently "featured" wedding is really a vow renewal from last year. Barbara and Bill Dobo celebrated over 50 years at WDW with an eight-day celebration for their family and friends. The thing that really caught my attention was that one of their parties was held in the Haunted Mansion -- guests had a dessert of blood orange cilantro sorbet served in a lighted skull ice sculpture. I bet that was awesome!

This is a really cool board! I am so exited for everyone planning their Disney weddings (or any weddings)! I love it all - the gowns, the locations, the food, the dancing. every wedding is special, no matter how you do it :) Too bad I'm already married!

Janet2k -- do you give nice gifts for vow renewals? I might have enough money for a MK ceremony in 45 years!!

Broken_Halo -- The rotunda weddings look beautiful! I think Epcot is a great choice!

What do you think my husband will say if I tell him I want to get married again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!