Would you wear...

McKelly

DIS Veteran
a sweater with hearts on it OTHER than on Valentines Day? I received a sweater with hearts on it from my husband. And he asked me why I didn't wear it yet. It's black with small hearts on it, I like it, but I am not sure about it, other than Valentine's Day. I mean obviously, Xmas trees, shamrocks, some things are REALLY season specific, but are hearts more season neutral? What do you think? Yes, I am probably really overthinking this. But I work in an office with the fashion police, so....I'm self-conscious!

Your husband’s a sweetheart but I wouldn’t wear it to work this year except on Thursday February 14.

I think it would be a good casual Friday sweater for the office, or a fine sweater on the weekend any time of year (well, in the winter since its a sweater lol). I think the pattern is more neutral these days and things like that are becoming trendier. I wouldn't worry about wearing it on days other than Valentine's Day.

a sweater with hearts on it OTHER than on Valentines Day? I received a sweater with hearts on it from my husband. And he asked me why I didn't wear it yet. It's black with small hearts on it, I like it, but I am not sure about it, other than Valentine's Day. I mean obviously, Xmas trees, shamrocks, some things are REALLY season specific, but are hearts more season neutral? What do you think? Yes, I am probably really overthinking this. But I work in an office with the fashion police, so....I'm self-conscious!
If you like it that’s all that matters.

It's black not red and the hearts are small. I would wear it if the cut of the sweater was flattering on me.

You could try the direct approach.

Sorry dear, this sweater is lousy.

Or the indirect hint.

Oh THAT sweater. I think I accidentally put it in the Goodwill pile.

Or the lie. I love it. I have to fix it and it's in the mending pile.

Or you could just grin and wear it on the weekends or something.

I would wear it (if I wore sweaters, which I don't).....if the hearts are small and on black.
If not comfortable for work....days off. But I love novelty shirts, etc

If it fits your style and you like it, wear it. If you feel uncomfortable wearing it to work, then don’t, but definitely when you’re out with DH.

I do not wear things like hearts on clothing. Not my style at all, even on weekends.

I do not think of hearts on a black sweater as being Valentine's Day related, but more of a style thing.

Last edited:
Wear it whenever you can while you are at home, with family or just going out with your husband. Without seeing a picture it is hard to say whether I'd wear something like that to the office other than for Valentine's day, but from your description I might.

Hearts are not just for a specific day.
I'd be wearing it all winter.
I'd probably wear it from November through March where I live.
Then I'd probably tuck it away even if it were cold enough to wear it still.

I wouldn't think that the sweater that you describe as being something limited to being worn for Valentines day. If you like it, wear it often!

If it's cute, has pink on it or lots of big red hearts then I would consider it a Valentine's Day sweater. I have a grey lightweight pullover sweater from Coldwater Creek that has black and white Xs and hearts on it in a grid. Although I got it for V Day, I wear it all winter and have gotten lots of compliments for it. If the hearts were red or pink though I'd probably just wear it year round.

Wear it. Hell with the fashion police. If they write you a ticket with their fashion opinion, you can respond back with an unflattering opinion about any facet of their personality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!