Would you upgrade to HNY from Sequoia Lodge?

Christieand

Mouseketeer
We are currently booked for 3 nights in the Sequoia Lodge this April. However, it would cost around £80 more to upgrade to HNY.

The benefits to this would be:
-Closer to the Parks (albeit slightly, our nan has back problems so this would be good)
-Hot breakfast to fill us up for longer
-The experience of a new hotel (we stayed in Sequoia last September)

However,
-It is £80!
-SL is a lovely hotel, it seems that most prefer SL to HNY?

Based on this and your personal preferences, what do you think you would do? :confused:

I wouldn't as I think that SL is a nicer hotel than HNY.

HNY is a business type hotel for me and they furnishings are so 80's and not Disney. At least SL has been just renovated and has Bambi details ;)

The hot breakfast isn't a full on affair afaik like DLH and would you be wanting it every day ? You can order extra hot bits at SL,some one put a price list up not that long ago.

:goodvibes

We are currently booked for 3 nights in the Sequoia Lodge this April. However, it would cost around £80 more to upgrade to HNY.

The benefits to this would be:
-Closer to the Parks (albeit slightly, our nan has back problems so this would be good)
-Hot breakfast to fill us up for longer
-The experience of a new hotel (we stayed in Sequoia last September)

However,
-It is £80!
-SL is a lovely hotel, it seems that most prefer SL to HNY?

Based on this and your personal preferences, what do you think you would do? :confused:

Just realised I actually had the search set to 2 and not 3 adults and it is a LOT more than £80 to upgrade the 3 of us! So much for that idea!

Having stayed in both I had the same dilemma when booking our trip as you ;)

I also have back problems and having stayed in the SQ & HNY I didn't find the distance to the SQ that much further compared to the HNY - I had to take as many 'rest stops' returning to the HNY as I did to the SQ :rotfl:

The hot breakfast swung it for us on this trip - the hot selection isn't up to the DLH standard but it is good. Having been in March several times with mixed weather, we decided to go with the hot breakfast option just incase ;)

You could look at it like this - at £80 for 3 of you for 3 nights it works out at around £9 pppn extra for having a hot breakfast - if you're going to have the hot options each morning then fine but if you're only likely to have the hot options on one or two mornings then I think you can order them at the SQ for around the same price per person, not sure if that is in the restaurant or just on room service breakfast :confused3

Also if you have breakfast in your room at HNY you only get cold items and have to pay extra for hot items anyway!

If we could have afforded the DLH we'd have booked that, but if the SQ had hot breakfast as standard then we would have booked that :thumbsup2

I think we will stick with SL - we actually really want to to stay in the DLH but we too can't afford it so really the HNY would just be a sort of 'compromise'. But we know we love the SL and so there isn't really justification to spend more on the HNY. Also if I remember rightly the hot option in SL is only around €6 so would be cheaper than the €9 HNY would equate to.
Thanks so much :)

You could always go and have breakfast one morning at the DLH as a treat for your Nan :goodvibes

If you went after EMH you wouldn't need lunch that day so you'd be saving money as the breakfast is that big that it would be a brunch

You could always go and have breakfast one morning at the DLH as a treat for your Nan :goodvibes

If you went after EMH you wouldn't need lunch that day so you'd be saving money as the breakfast is that big that it would be a brunch

Hi, I am Christieand's sister! :wave2:
That's a great idea, we will definitely do that :thumbsup2
Thanks!

Breakfast at the DLH sounds like a good idea :) The characters wander round during breakfast there don't they or has that changed now?

Off to find prices and how to book now ;)

Breakfast at the DLH sounds like a good idea :) The characters wander round during breakfast there don't they or has that changed now?

Off to find prices and how to book now ;)

14.40€ or thereabouts for adults and you don't book it you just turn up and pay and they seat you.

Characters are outside the breakfast area so you can see them going in and coming out :)

I loved the HNY I would upgrade. It does have Disney theming the bedspreads have Mickey heads throughout and they have characters in the lobby every morning until 12.

If your nan has back problems you can get a easy access pass if you take proof of her back problems with you. This will enable you to skip the ques for rides and character meets. Although for rides only 1 of you will be able to go with her so it won't be a full family holiday as you will be split up a lot.

Thank you for your help :)
we have decided not to upgrade (even though I would love to) because it turns out it will be a lot more than I originally thought. One day!
We probably won't do that many rides anyway, we are planning on things like the railroad, tour of the park, exploring the castle etc and the rides we do do I think we would prefer to do all together. But thanks for the suggestion :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter