Would you rather extend your disney trip by 1 day or save the $200 for a future trip?

Would you rather spend $200 by

• extending a short disney trip by 1 day?

Votes: 101 96.2%
  • saving the $200 for a future disney trip?

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters
If i was working, I would in a heartbeat! I am a stay at home mom with a husband who "hates" disney & thinks it is a waste of money :sad2:
So to him, I need to "be happy & appreciate what I got"

I really want to add the extra night/ pay the difference for the outgoing flight to the day before & take my daughter, it is the last time she will be able to go before she is older than 3 and require a park ticket! I feel like that is another reason i want to add the day, i want to be there as long as possible and take advantage of her being under 3!
You have to love the magic in a 3 year old... I really miss my kids being 2-5 when you go to Disney the magic is as real as it gets. I would stay too if I had the same reasons as you. We go once a year, this year twice :)

You have to love the magic in a 3 year old... I really miss my kids being 2-5 when you go to Disney the magic is as real as it gets. I would stay too if I had the same reasons as you. We go once a year, this year twice :)

My daughter tells me she wants to go to Disney every time she sees an airplane! She says she will get her suitcase and backpack, watch a movie on the plane, get on a bus, and go see figment at epcot. hahah She loves figment, "the aliens", and pirates. It is SOOO cute to see the magic they do!

If i was working, I would in a heartbeat! I am a stay at home mom with a husband who "hates" disney & thinks it is a waste of money :sad2:

I really want to add the extra night/ pay the difference for the outgoing flight to the day before & take my daughter, it is the last time she will be able to go before she is older than 3 and require a park ticket! I feel like that is another reason i want to add the day, i want to be there as long as possible and take advantage of her being under 3!

Remind him that Disney is cheaper than divorce.:love2:

I also vote extend, which we’ve done several times when we’re having a REALLY good trip or feel like there’s one more park we want to experience and get all our favorites in one more time - especially with a late flight it’s so doable!

After seeing that your trip is for 4 nights and the bolded I'd definitely extend this trip.
Who knows if that $200 you save would end up going towards another WDW trip or not, at least you know for sure it will if you use it to extend your current trip.

For only $200 more for airfare and room I say yes add a day.
Is this trip just you and your daughter or DH too? Maybe adding a day he can stay by the pool and you too can enjoy a girls day either in the parks or eating and shopping.

DH is probably tired of hearing me say how much I miss DL, but he loves it and misses the parks just as much I do. Maybe you can trade in your DH tell them he came with a malfunction.

If it’s only an extra $200 for your room/airfare/park ticket for the night, it’s a no-brainer IMO.....extend.

For only $200 more for airfare and room I say yes add a day.
Is this trip just you and your daughter or DH too? Maybe adding a day he can stay by the pool and you too can enjoy a girls day either in the parks or eating and shopping.

DH is probably tired of hearing me say how much I miss DL, but he loves it and misses the parks just as much I do. Maybe you can trade in your DH tell them he came with a malfunction.

yeah just me and my daughter. my H has no interest in disney and actually wont even be home for the month of november! i should have planned to rent somewhere for the month and really got my disney fix! LOL a girl can dream haha

airfare went up and the discounted hotel night is no longer available so i think i am stuck with my short trip!

Count me in for the add a day club, but I'm a 10 day trip person Friday to Sunday & figure if I'm paying all the money to go the extra day is a small addon. I never do parks on travel days though, that's too stressful so those bookend days were always shopping for my collections on arrival and a visit to another resort for a fun breakfast before we go home.

We lived in GA for about almost 6 years, and while we were there we did do Disney very different from what we consider our normally as Local's we do Disney differently that most guest...

We did both flying and driving... flying the absolute earliest flight in the morning, several time we would get a room at the airport the night before, and the latest flight home...Hitting the parks for a long weekend... Normally Food and Wine, then again at Christmas for a long weekend...
Driving we would leave on Thursday after DH got off work, and haul it down and stay somewhere on hotel blvd for the night on points... these trips were week long, Then up early the next morning, we would be all check in and would be in time for breakfast with the characters some where... and then we would hit the pool, nap, and hit the parks in the evening for extra magic hours. We would take a break midweek, for shopping at the outlets, pool time, and shopping for Disney stuff at Disney Spring or Downtown Disney as it was called. I did not like leaving the Disney Shopping until the last day. As we normally pulled out early especially when DD was with us. Like it was dark outside...

Our friends are from the midwest... and spend 10 to 12 days, at a minimum... they pay for the room on the last day like they were staying that night even though they have a dinner time flight the same day, so that they can shower, make sure the grandkids have a nap, they move into 2 rooms, put all the bags in 2 rooms... She said that they have tried it... checking out and putting the bags with luggage service and it never has a happy ending... So this works for them... Once they land they spend the night at the airport, as its a 5 or 6 hour drive home... So this works for them..

Another friend they check out, and move to a Hotel on Hotel blvd, for the last full day, night, heading home the following day, and they spend it shopping at the outlets, she is pretty smart she, her DD and DDIL Uber over to the outlets, and let her DH, DS and DSIL move the bags, and the
grand-kids... then they catch up with them with the rental cars... in the afternoon, so that they can get the kids school clothes. And force the guys to stock up, and get some new clothes... She also hits up Walmart, Target, even Publix, Then the next day they go to the post office and mail everything home... she said it's cheaper than paying for extra bags, and way less hassle...

It's always interesting for me to see how everyone handles the arrival and departure day...

Update for anyone wondering::

I ended up having to extend the trip for an extra day because the flights were canceled/ changed which would have left me losing 2 days , both the arrival & departure of such a short trip already!

I lost the departure day because of a mid day flight but now fly out 1 day earlier. ($80 for both flights)

I'll have 4 full park days & an evening one starting at 3:30 or so and a park free morning until probably 1:30 magical Express pickup before going home.

I would extend the vacation. The more days of park tickets the cheaper each day becomes. To add a day to your ticket $20. To do a future trip one day ticket $100 plus. (Yes, it becomes cheaper the more days, but one day is still one day).

And other thing, if anything is learned from this year, you never know what may happen or even when. If you can afford it. Stay longer!!
This made me laugh, I used to try to advance my agenda with my husband this way and while most of the time he'd just smile patiently every so often he'd just deadpan, "Ummm so you do KNOW that an extra day at Disney is never less money right?" Then we'd do it my way, the end ROTFL

Update for anyone wondering::

I ended up having to extend the trip for an extra day because the flights were canceled/ changed which would have left me losing 2 days , both the arrival & departure of such a short trip already!

I lost the departure day because of a mid day flight but now fly out 1 day earlier. ($80 for both flights)

I'll have 4 full park days & an evening one starting at 3:30 or so and a park free morning until probably 1:30 magical Express pickup before going home.
It's terrific that you are going with your little girl! I loved spending time alone with my kids when they were little, I used to call our one-on-one time adventures, and they were.

I would add a day to this trip for sure. I'm nervous about lines for our upcoming trip since there won't be fast passes and crowds are apparently getting larger. We also had the ability to add an extra park day and did it so it would take some pressure off of the feeling like we have to spend every moment in a line in order to ride all our favorites on this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!