Would you rather do cabin or trailer rental?

thumpersfriend

DIS Veteran
I am considering renting a trailer from camp at the fort. We have stayed in the cabins a few times and really like them. Things are different now, my DH and I have a pop up and have retired. We are thinking of a trip next April around Florida and would like to do a week at the fort and fly our kids and granddaughter down. 5 adults and 1 child. The cabins might be a little more expensive but we know what to expect of it. Would you personally like to rent a cabin or a trailer? Also thought if we rented a trailer we might be able to get campsites very close together? Thanks everyone. We love our pop up and are excited to do some travel next spring. We have looked at the pictures of the rental trailers and they look nice, just wondered if the trailers had about the same feel as the cabins? maybe better?

So, the rental/cabin would be for the kids and DGD? I'm guessing that if your DGD is anything like my DS, she will want to stay with Grandma and Grandpa :) ...so I'm guessing it is the 5 adults in question...unless you want to have two of them stay in your PUP with you (and DGD on the dinette), then have the other three in the rental/cabin? I think I'd go for the trailer rental and get sites together, especially if you'll be sharing meals together, etc.

We have owned many trailers over time and now have a MH which we prefer, but the idea I want to get across is that 5 adults would have had a hard time sleeping, getting dressed, etc. in them. Remember, most have only 1 small bathroom, plus no matter how many they "say" they sleep, try making the adults all comfortable - next to impossible :confused3. The sofa beds are usually not the most comfortable for "one" adult, even a pullout bed isn't the largest. The dinette is more suitable for kids (is short). Anyway, it would have to be a very long trailer with two bedrooms to even think about being doable IMO. The cabin would definitely be more comfortable for that many adults. Have a terrific trip - the Fort's the greatest :thumbsup2 Also, some of the campsites are relatively close to some of the trailer sites - just a heads up :goodvibes

Thank you so much for the replies. They say the trailers will sleep many people but you described it very well. I think it would be better to rent a cabin and try to get a site for our pop up near the cabins. We would be bringing our dog so hope that would not make it too far away from them. Thinking of getting the cabin the day ahead so we can get all of our food and golf carts etc , so when they arrive it would be ready to go and have fun! But I bet my dgd will be sleeping with us in the clittle camper, lol.

How big is your pop-up? A traditional tent trailer? Or a hardsided pop-up? I ask because tent trailer PUPs traditionally sleep more people comfortably than MHs or TTs because of the two bunk ends. I'm just thinking that 2 adults could sleep in the opposite bunk end from you.

But all of that is out of the window if you have an A frame or small Hi-Lo or Trailmanor. :) (previous Aliner owner here) :)

Our pop up has a queen on one side and full on the other. Made me think, it feels pretty big inside compared to my bils trailer that slept 4. Just enough for my dh, me and our dog. Dog sleeps with my hubby because hubby snores. I wouldn't want to share with another couple. dgd could sleep on dinette.

The cabin loop 2100 backs up to the premium loop 1100.

Bama ed

This is our 5th time staying in the cabins we prefer the 2100 loop since it is the closest to the center of Fort Wilderness, This is my daughter's favorite place to stay! we love all the room in the cabins and how peaceful it is!

Thank you so much for the replies. They say the trailers will sleep many people but you described it very well. I think it would be better to rent a cabin and try to get a site for our pop up near the cabins. We would be bringing our dog so hope that would not make it too far away from them. Thinking of getting the cabin the day ahead so we can get all of our food and golf carts etc , so when they arrive it would be ready to go and have fun! But I bet my dgd will be sleeping with us in the clittle camper, lol.

I thought you could only have pets in hard sided trailers/RV not one with any canvas?

And of course all the cabins are pet free,

Good point about our dog. Wherever we have camped they allowed dogs. We never leave her alone (ever), pitiful I know, lol. We would use the kennel there daily and have her sleep with us. But I will need to check if that is a rule at the Fort. Thank you so much, could have been bad if they wouldn't allow her with us, and impossible and would have to change our plans drastically. Maybe someone knows the rules or where I can find out?

Update: just checked on a website called Natasha's website and read that pets are not allowed in pop ups. So our whole vacation will have to be redone. Darn, thought it would be alot of fun but there are other ways to have fun down at the fort. Thanks again for the heads up, really appreciate the effort everyone went to.

Double check on that...I thought I read that this recently may have changed. No pets it the partial hookup sites, but if you have a full hookup with your pop up and a/c I felt like it was now acceptable. Anyway, I don't have first hand experience, but do double check with the Fort before you ditch your plans.

Update: just checked on a website called Natasha's website and read that pets are not allowed in pop ups. So our whole vacation will have to be redone. Darn, thought it would be alot of fun but there are other ways to have fun down at the fort. Thanks again for the heads up, really appreciate the effort everyone went to.

I would never depend on any information you may read on any unofficial website because it is very likely outdated.

I just checked on the WDW website for Fort Wilderness and here is a quote on the pet policy "All pets must be kept on a handheld leash that is 6 feet or shorter or confined in the interior of the owner's personal recreational vehicle. For pop-ups and tents, pets must be secured in a container, such as a portable cage or kennel." I also thought I read that your popup must have A/C but couldn't find it now. If you would like a link to this information, it can be found at http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/services-amenities/.

Looks like you don't have to change your plans.:cool1::cool1:

Big Block 396 Thank you!!!!!!! Thanks for all your trouble, I was getting quite depressed because I think it would be so great, love that there is a park for them to run too. Now we can take our kid (our dog) and our grown kids too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter