OMG! Disney Instead of Camping? Oh Heck Yeah! F&W Fest 9/10-9/15 Trip! (UPDATE 8/18)

Photobucket doesn't allow 3rd party hosting / posting anymore.... if you ask me its going to put the company out of business!

If you have a google photo's account via your phone, you can follow these easy steps to get a link:

https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/

It's something that I use all the time now that PB has changed its policies.

Well, I got some pics back up on this post anyway, I want to cry to think of my other trips reports.....

Fantasmic.... I only saw it once over a decade ago. I remember being unimpressed. Yet I am.wondering if I should give it a second chance this trip. What are your thought on the show?

We did it over 10 years ago as well. We didn’t really want to go again until our last trip. It was updated, and we enjoyed it, but now we are probably good for another few years now. I certainly wouldn’t go on every trip.

Fantasmic is one of my favorites! But I can see how it's not for everyone. I would say watch some if it on YouTube and decide if it's worth it to you!

Fantasmic is one of my favorites! But I can see how it's not for everyone. I would say watch some if it on YouTube and decide if it's worth it to you!

Yeah I did that last night (watched a YouTube vid) and came to the conclusion that it could be fun, but I am not going to try and work my schedule around that. We only have 4 FULL days so i have other priorities. If we happen to be in the park when it happens we will go see it.
One of the reason i got Park Hoppers is to give us room for impulse decisions too.
Last time we went to Food & Wine we tried to do it in two afternoons and while we made it, it was too much. THIS time we have park hoppers so we can spread it out more. I will Plan different Park to be at in the mornings, then in the afternoons we can hit up the Booths at Epcot, but if we decide we want to be somewhere else in the evenings, we will have that ability. (for Example I WILL be making sure I see HEA, it will be my first time and I have deliberately avoided videos/spoilers)

I am sad there is no more WISHES but I am also excited for a new show.
foj09234802394fi.jpg

So one of the things on my Trip Bucket List is I really want to ride the trolley car on Main Street. Are there specific times/places to catch this or do you just "happen" across it?

I believe you can catch it in Town Square near the railroad and then in front of the castle, and if I'm not mistaken they only run in the morning. Not sure if there is a specific schedule or not!

OMG! OMG!! BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!

Rapunzel-Princess-BFF-Answer-e1416083738377.jpg

Change of Plans!

Instead of Staying at All Star Movies we are staying at……

All Star Music!

tumblr_n0q8amNfpd1t0twwxo1_500.gif

Ok. Hahaha.. That’s not what I am excited about.

What I am excited about (jumping out of my skin excited) is:

FREE DINING!!!!

Lumiere-from-Beauty-and-the-Beast-singing-Be-Our-Guest.jpg

Last night I stayed up and scored Free Quick service Dining.

Honestly free too because my package didn’t cost one cent more. Completely the same price, only now we get 2 Quick Service Meals and 2 Snacks per night each!

WooHoo!

So, one thing about me, is that being budget minded and OCD, I prefer to travel all inclusive where I can (only have done it three times) because I love not having to count every penny at every meal. This isn’t exactly all inclusive because it’s only 2 meals and not unlimited booze, but it’s as close as it gets for Disney.

Originally, I was going to try and score the standard dining plan. I would have to upgrade our room/resort, but I did some numbers based off what I already would be saving up for food and set a budget for how much more I would be willing to pay for a room in order to score dining. I based my calculation off of what I would spend normally, not off of the “bonus” value of being able to eat places I wouldn’t normally afford.

Well.. in the end I realized that I didn’t need to do that.

1st, If I scored free quick service then I would in theory only need to add one more additional meal per day (if that even) OOP, which in the end could be far cheaper than the upgrade cost.

2nd, I was already quickly finding out that I was too late (having booked past the 180 day mark) to get most of the Table service reservations I wanted. I couldn’t get Ohana, I couldn’t get any character meals I wanted, etc. The only things I scored were Boma dinner arrival night and BOG breakfast on our MK morning.

I will happily pay out of pocket for Boma. Since I will not be paying for 10 other meals, that makes it easy.

If I didn’t get a dining plan I was going to drop BOG too, well maybe. I was really trying to talk myself into it. The meal just did not seem worth $25pp for me, yet I have been wanting to see Inside there ever since it opened. Badly. I love Beauty and the Beast. Belle and I are VERY alike. Sisters maybe even. BOG has been a major Disney Bucket List item for a while.

Bonus, I came to realize that BOG breakfast was eligible for Quick Service Credit!!!!!!!!!!!

86Myl.gif

Worth it! (I say as I yawn into my coffee)

Additional bonus is this:
I
usually don’t buy Too many snacks in the parks. I bring my own and treat myself to a few here and there. I mean, I HAVE to have a Mickey Bar at some point…With 2 snack credit per day I will get to try a few treats I would not normally indulge in! However even more exciting is That many Epcot Food & Wine festival items are Snack credit Eligible, so I can really take advantage of that by maybe using only one snack credit per day on treats and saving the rest for the Fest! Hey it Rhymes!!!

beauty-and-the-beast-disney-5845562-1280-720.jpg

With our plans to focus on the F&W offerings most evening, I doubt we will need more that a couple more meals more than the plan is providing so most of out of pocket will be drinks, Boma, F&W, etc. Very minimal considering it would originally ALL be OOP.

I had been planning to pack a bunch of food, but I can really back off that now.

I like too that we no longer get dessert with the meal plan but we can get an “Adult Beverage”, which I would rather any day. I don’t care much about the refillable mug, as I only think we will use that much if our room is actually close to the dining hall, I don’t want to run them back and forth all the time and I don’t want to carry them with me all day.

In addition I loaded up a Starbucks gift card with Credit Card points I earned so we will not be paying OOP for several caffeinated drinks too!

Sorry this was so long! I am just so Dang EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

Next Hurdle, Fast Passes!

Last edited:
Wow that's amazing!!! This will really help your budget and justify you paying for certain other things OOP! Happy for you :)

Thanks! I cannot express how "over-the-moon" I am about this. but then you remember the Ultra-Budget off-site trip from before. this isn't exactly Deluxe but compare to the last F&W trip this feels so much more decadent! I feel like I might finally get to experience Disney the way the Rest of the DISers do! LOL

I swear this just gets better and better!!! I just found out that Post Modern Jukebox is the Eat to the Beat line-up for 9/11/18!!! "S" and I love them and almost went to see them in concern once but couldn't work out the details. Well now we get to see them live! BONUS!!!!!!!!!

postmodern_jukebox_title_image.jpg

So glad you got free dining for your trip! You will find it's plenty of food and those snack credits are perfect for Food & Wine. Staying onsite will allow your DH to head to the pool to cool off and then back to the parks in the evenings when it's cooler!!!

In the past year, I have really gotten into doing my own gel nails. (Including gel extensions).

P_20180407_173214.jpg

P_20180318_211447.jpg

P_20180210_154058.jpg

P_20180224_151415_2.jpg
No, I didn't keep it that long, I was just experimenting with my dual forms..

So of course, as soon as I booked the trip I started planning my vacation manicure (doesn't everyone?)
My last two trips were white nails with black polka dots. Sally Hansen polish strips.
I suck at nail art though so stamping in my favorite thing ever! I just got my new stamping plate for my Disney manicure!

P_20180430_203149.jpg

This will be so much fun!!! I am thinking red, black, and white (or silver)!

Now to be patient for 4 more months...

Or maybe do a few trial runs while I wait....

Awesome! I used to be really into nail stamping as well and just recently bought some items to try and get back into it! I love the Disney nail plate, I can't wait to see you use it!

In the past year, I have really gotten into doing my own gel nails. (Including gel extensions).

View attachment 319970

View attachment 319971

View attachment 319973

View attachment 319974
No, I didn't keep it that long, I was just experimenting with my dual forms..

So of course, as soon as I booked the trip I started planning my vacation manicure (doesn't everyone?)
My last two trips were white nails with black polka dots. Sally Hansen polish strips.
I suck at nail art though so stamping in my favorite thing ever! I just got my new stamping plate for my Disney manicure!

View attachment 319969

This will be so much fun!!! I am thinking red, black, and white (or silver)!

Now to be patient for 4 more months...

Or maybe do a few trial runs while I wait....
I never heard of nail stamping. How does it work? Where do you find Disney stamps?

I never heard of nail stamping. How does it work? Where do you find Disney stamps?

It's a great and easy way to get designs on you nails if you are not possessing of a steady hand or particularly patient or ambidextrous!

Here's a YouTube Video that shows how stamping works.

Stamping 101

I got my stamper on Amazon:
Born Pretty Stamp

I got my stamp plate on Ebay (actually I get most of my design plated on Ebay):
Mickey Stamp Plate

You can buy special "stamping polish" but from what I understand regular polish and Acrylic paint works great too.

Stamping Polishes

ITINERARY Planning Post
Work-in-Progress

crown calendar.JPG

Travel Day - Monday 9/10/18 :
Leave house by 10 am-ish for Flight @ 1:05pm

Land MCO- 3:36pm

Check-in 5pm? (hopefully)

Head to Animal Kingdom
Dinner: Satu'li Canteen?

Watch ROL @8:45

Day 1 - Tuesday 9/11/18:

Awake around 8pm Find bus by 8:30am

Magic Kingdom (rope drop?)

If time- try to Rope drop ride 7 Dwarves

BREAKFAST:
BOG @ 9:40am

Fast Passes for MK- TBD

1-3pm Back to Hotel for A/C &
Lunch (Swim Break?)

3pm Bus to EPCOT

Enjoy Food & Wine –No
Dinner Plans, All evening Graze on Food & Wine Fest

Eat to the Beat:
Post Modern Juke Box (5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM)

Illuminations 9PM

EMH- Park open till 11pm

Day 2 - Wednesday 9/12/18

Awake around 7am

BREAKFAST @ Resort

Find bus by 8:30

Animal Kingdom

Get Fast Passes for FOP, EE

Try to rope drop Pandora?

SNACK in AK

12-2pm Midday Break

3pm-6pm EPCOT - F&W

7pm (Possible) Heads to MK for Fireworks (HEA 8:30pm) and Food <open till 11pm EMH>

Day 3 - Thursday 9/13/18:

Sleep in?

Hollywood Studios by 10am

Finish off F&W offerings at Epcot in the afternoon – Maybe rise some rides

HEA (if missed the night Before)

Day 4 - Friday 9/14/18:

AM - Epcot
Sunshine Seasons Breakfast

Hit a Few Rides in Future World?

Afternoon: Flexible – Disney Springs?

EVENING - Boma Sanaa - DINNER 5:45pm

Maybe see Fantasmic or Star Wars fireworks Night show?

Departure Day - Saturday 9/15/18:

Breakfast @ Resort - use up remaining credits (if any ) Dining credits for snacks, etc.

Swim

Check out -11am

Fly Home

FOOD & WINE GLUTTONY WISHLIST

Last edited:
Considering one Really big Switch.
I had Boma booked the first night but snagged a ressie for Friday

Two reasons.
1. I don't want to feel rushed that first night.
2. It's kind of a tradition for me to watch the MK fireworks first night
I could Just Plan to go to MK arrival night, eat QS dinner.

If I then Switch Boma and ROL to Friday night.....
I went ahead and Snagged the reservation. I kind of feel bad doing that but I won't hold it long. I just want to think about it for a day and discuss it with the DH.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!