would you make a ressie at POR now??

princess lovers mom

take me home....
we were just about to make our ressies at POR for Oct, when the news about POFQ closing and really vague info about rehabs at POR were released. I would like to hear some opinions about what you would do if you were me. Should we make ressies and hope that we do not get moved or affected by any rehab that may be started at POR (we really like the resort, but do not want to stay at alligator bayou, if perhaps we were moved or something) Or, would you just pick another resort at the beginning to avoid any distress in the future. :confused:

Not sure where, but I read somewhere that as of April 4th Disney was no longer taking reservations for the POFQ. If this is true, you would have to book a different resort.

NO...., we want to book at POR,not POFQ. It has been implied that POR will be refurbed too at some time during the next 2 years. I am wondering if to take the risk that it may start over there by Oct...

denise

Sorry, I misunderstood...

With the POFQ closing, I doubt very highly that they would close the entire POR also. I would go ahead and book a room, and make it abundantly clear that you want a mansion room and NOT a bayou room.

From the sounds of the following article, it looks like the POR will only be closing in smaller phases. http://www.orlandosentinal.com/busi...5,0,4850940.story?coll=orl-business-headlines

Of course if you are not fond of staying at a resort where refurbishments are taking place, I would reccommend a different resort.

I wonder too if POR will se undergoing rehab in Oct. I hope not. The last time we went to FL we stayed offsite for a few days and they were noisey doing remodle. Probablly having no POFQ pool and possibly having construction noise almost makes me want to switch to CB.

I guess on the bright side we don't have to worry about the buses filling up at FQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter