• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you like to join our 'Healthy' challenge?

wovenwonder

DIS Veteran
PRINCESSVIJA and I have joined forces and are working on a short term three week challenge with each other. We are working on the following things every day from now until Thanksgiving -- knowing that it takes about 3 weeks for something new to become a habit!

1.} Drink at least 1/2 gallon of water -- we are working on doing this by noon every day. Drink more if we want -- but the minimum of 64 oz each day.

2.} Eating our 5 a day. I am sticking to low carb veggies only as I am eating low carb. But for other plans the 5 a day fruit/veggies would apply.

3.} Taking our multi vitamins each day.

Would anyone else like to join us? We are planning to check in quickly each day to be accountable for our challenge.
:D

Hey Jody,
You know I am on board! So far I have in my multivitamin, 40oz of water, and 2 1/2 veggies. I will get in the rest of the veggies and fruits at dinner. Here's to day 1 of our challenge!

Anyone else????

Hey, I'll join you! I usually aim for 64 oz. of water a day, and I can do that, but my real goal is is 96 oz., which I sometimes do.

I've been eating lots of veggies and fruits lately, and I've been cutting back on the carbs, but I'm not doing Atkins or anything like that, that's just not for me, but I do eat a lot less carbs than I did.

Oops, I haven't taken my vitamin yet today, so this thread will be a helpful reminder to do that everyday.

I lost 30 lbs. 2 years ago, but had come to a standstill with the weight loss until recently, when I started drinking more water, eating less carbs/eating better, and I changed my exercise routine to a more challanging one (I do the Firm tapes and still use my treadmill for extra cardio.) So far I've lost 7 more lbs. so I'm happy. This should be great support!!:D

:sunny:

Sounds like we have a plan then! I know that it will make it easier for me to remember knowing that I am having to be accountable for these three things. I'll be looking forward to some more people joining our challenge too!

I had the minimum water in before noon and am still drinking more!

Had 4 servings of veggies with my breakfast -- YES breakfast! I had 2 cups of green beans with a little ham. YUM! Am I figuring it right? 1/2 cup cooked or 1c raw is a serving? We are going out for chinese buffet for supper and I plan to go to the stir fry station for lots of veggies --- I'll go over the 5 a day today for sure! But most days are not that easy for me.

I took my vitamins {multi, and calcium/magnesium/zinc combo} this morning on an empty stomach and got a headache. I'll wait until after I eat from now on.

Count me in!

I don't have a problem with the water, I bring a jug to work and the goal is to finish it by the end of the day (about 80 oz.).

I do often neglect my vitamins though.

I'm doing low-carbs with fruits and veggies, so this will work for me. However, I do one protein-only day per week (today is it).

Great idea!

WOW this challenge is making me realize how little veggies I was eating before. It was a little bit more of a challenge today but I got in my veggies, water, and vitamins and I feel quite a sense of satisfaction knowing that I've accomplished this today!

Hi all, well I've been good today with the water and the fruits/veggies, but I haven't taken my vitamin yet, I'll go do that now!!:D

I accomplished the goal for HALF of the weekend! Saturday went pretty good --- goal accomplished! But Sunday I got in 3 or 4 servings of veggies and only a bit of water - no vitamins.:rolleyes:

Oh well -- back on track today!:sunny:

I've been doing well the last couple of days, I'm still drinking my water now, though, I had a hard time getting in earlier today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter