Would you like to come to my Birthday Party?" said my 5 year old Son....

brownsoup

Disney Daddy
I brought this post up as an update - it is from 2005 - Steve

OK - This is a long shot.........
We visited Disney 9-17 to 9-24-05 and were heading home after a long day. We were on the water taxi that serves downtown disney and the DVC resorts. We got off at SS and my son's new "UK friends" continued on to OKW.

5 year old Nate (my son) struck up a great conversation with several wonderful women from the UK.....we all bantered back and forth laughing at the excitement that came from my son's mouth as he described Disney World through the eyes of a 5 year old. He was enjoying his conversation so much that he said (to the wonderful ladies) "Would you like to come to my birthday party?"

We all laughed (considering the flight from UK to MD, USA would be a bit much to visit a new friend)....our new friends declaired "I'm not sure if there we'll be enough food for us all" Nate exclaimed "Don't worry - Mommy always makes too much food"

Our ways parted at that point and we still smile about that meeting today.

The long shot part comes as I think..."Maybe our UK friends are DVC owners and maybe they visit the Disboards....that would be neat"

If by chance, you share the above memory and would like to send a post card to Nate for his birthday (October 29)).....
Drop us a UK greatings

Nate Brown
37734 Browns Way
Mechanicsville, MD 20659
USA

Heck - if anyone sends a postcard from the UK it will make Nates day. He still talkes about "The nice ladies who are my Disney friends"

Surely my favorite "Magic Moment" as a Dad.....Steve

Well it's such a nice story - and since you've not had a reply from the ladies concerned - I'll pop a card in the post to Nate in the next day or two :wave2:

Thanks again for the card - We all enjoyed watching Nate recount his "British friends" in WDW....

-Steve :earboy2:

What a lovely story :)

Moira, you are a star!

I had to dig this thread up and add to it regarding Nate. We are planning our Dec 06 trip to the BCV. Nate (and Little Sis Elizabeth) are very excited to visit the mouse once again. Nate - now 6, ask many questions about our upcomming trip. He looked at me the other night and said "Daddy - will my friends from England be there?" I assured him that you all would be and we will pick up right where we left off! Thanks for the positive footprints left in my sons (and my) memory!

Parenting can be a trip! -Steve

I hope your planned trip holds many more happy memories for you all :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter