would you judge someone who brings their kid to the grocery store?

Do you judge people who bring kids to the grocery store during this pandemic?

• Yes

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • no

Votes: 152 91.0%

• Total voters
As a mom who has had no choice but to take my 2 kids out to the store a few times since this started, I definitely do not judge. For the most part, I have not felt judged either. Many people (customers and employees) have waved and smiled at them and a couple of cashiers have engaged them in conversation while scanning our items.

My 4 yo sits in the cart to help keep him from touching everything and my 10 yo walks right behind or to the side of us. I frequently remind them not to touch anything and we try to keep our distance (as much as possible) while passing people in the store.

Nope. I really don’t even notice. I see them in Walmart. Never even crossed my mind to judge ????

I hate the grocery store so when I’m there I am in and out. I have no time to pay attention to anyone else or judge them.

You are lucky! I guess I should have further said that these kids I see in the store are miserable. Crying, yelling, hating it (as mine did). I did everything to find someone else to watch them while I shopped.

Oh, I totally know my kid is probably is not the norm. I remember being super bored when my parents took me as a child. My brother was also the kid that runs off and hides.

I LOVE going to the grocery store with my 2 year old daughter! As a sahm, it is one of the many things I miss. She sits happily in the cart, tosses things in the back of the cart, and is great, fun company for doing an errand!
I look forward to not having to do errands alone when the world returns to normal. :P

I can't wait till we can do these totally mundane things again.

I completely forgot he likes helping put stuff on the belt too, and the places that give out stickers are his favorite.

My initial response was "No. But make sure he wears a mask."

Then, I see he's only two.

Too young for masks.

So I'll amend my message. "No. And don't make him wear a mask. However, keep him in the cart, preferably with a toy to play with. And make the trip as short as possible."

Good luck. :)

Don't worry for a second about this. There are plenty of single parents who can't afford childcare. You need groceries/diapers/etc.

If someone gives you a sideways look, ask if he or she will pay your grocery bill, and you will gladly not return.

No. I see kids out each time I'm out. Think nothing of it.

And I saw a cute little fella looked to be only 2 wearing his mask yesterday.

Just take the precautions for both of you.

It's a Karen's time to shine.....

Hey...I want to speak to your manager.

Keep your kids at home!

You're not wearing your mask properly!

Hey! You're not wearing a mask!

Hey! I disagree with what you're doing so I'm going to yell at you and publicly shame you while I act like an entitled horse's butt!

Hey! Quit calling me Karen! :rotfl2:

People really should not bring the whole family to shop right now if at all possible. But, MYOB people. A friend of mine is a single mom of a 1 year old. She has to shop with her daughter, even if she does not want to.

When this whole stay-at-home thing started. I admit I thought *** are you doing when I saw large families heading into the store (multiple adults and several kids no one wearing a mask at all!) Now It's very commonplace and a lot of families are schlepping around with the entire passel of kids in tow. Maybe to ease some of the boredum.

Absolutely not. As long as your kids aren't running around screaming and acting like little hellions, I don't give a flying fig even if the whole family is out shopping together.

I don't want to say I am OVER IT but in some instances I guess I am. More than one person per household who DARE to go to the store together is not my hill to die on.

No, I would not judge unless you are not wearing a mask and your child is running around touching everything and getting in the way of other shoppers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter