Would you go the week of 5/4/20? Between 2 cheer comps

We went this year right after Mother’s Day and it was great. Crowds weren’t bad and weather was wonderful. Going the same week in 2020.
Same here! We arrived on Mothers Day for 9 days and last day of cheer stuff. It was fabulous! Weather was great, the crowds were fine, the love bugs were on the decline (but only had to deal with them on the boats and hotel balcony for the first few days) We have gone the week of Dance to Summit, Summit to Summit 2 and this year as the whole cheer stuff ended. We take this last May any time over the other two hands down. We are also going the same week in 2020.

Went end of April to May 12th this year. The major issue I had was the heat, from Washington State..... no humidity, and the love bugs. They were everywhere, even at the pool, .... again from Washington State,there are not many bugs.
Don't think I'll go 1st part of May again. But end of April this year should be good, as Easter, Apr 12,will be over.

Have a great time!

Last edited:
They will be at the All Stars. If you look for availability in early May you will see that none of the AS are bookable. We are going May 4-13th and (before I knew about the competition) had hoped to book ASMo, when it never showed up as available I called Disney. I was told that all 3 resorts are either booked or on hold for the competition.

I had booked Pop originally, but for the same price we can stay at the Dolphin - so we are trying the Dolphin for the first time next year. Super excited since you can't beat the location!

My daughter's cheer gym is staying at The Dolphin this year for Summit. Very excited as I have only heard wonderful things about this resort.

I googled and had a tough time finding which resorts the cheerleaders will be staying at. We'll be at the YC, so hoping we'll be free and clear there. What do you think?

Early May is a fabulous time, but bring rain coats or ponchos with you.
Lol...they def. won't be at Yacht club...you're safe.

My daughter is an All Star Cheerleader and we've gone to D1 Summit the past 2 years, hoping for a D2 bid this year (new gym). Hotels are CBR, CSR, and All Stars. Usually the Dance Summit is held at the CSR convention center but I heard that this year it will be at the Contemporary. Increase will come with the pools, busses, and food courts at those resorts. Competitions dates are April 30-May 3 and May 8-10. There are charter busses to the WWoS for competitions but everyone uses general park transportation. MK party dates are May 3 and 10 and start around 9-10pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!