Would you go in Jan, 8 nocs, deluxe or Easter 12 nocs mod???

DisOrBust

<font color=CC66CC>Tag Fairy does tags only, the A
Help!!! I am being torn which way to go. My DH wants deluxe, loves AKL and doesn't want to stay anywhere else. Problem is I was planning on Easter nex year at a mod because there is no way I want to pay rack rate for 12 nights at a deluxe. We could go in Jan but the weather can be so iffy. Plus, I am PG and will be either going with a 3.5 month old in Jan or a 6.5 month old ion Easter. Help, is it worth the risk of a Jan trip to stay at a deluxe vs. a Mod????

Well, my opinion is....January!!
I've been at Easter and this last Jan.....loved Jan.
The weather can be iffy, but depends on what you are used to. I would rather have it cool than hot (which Easter can be).
This Jan. was mid 80s then cooled off to mid 70s over the 14 days we were there. Perfect!! And NO rain!!
Crowds are lighter so you can take that lovely baby back to the nice resort for rests ;-)

I would vote for January at the Deluxe as well. The cooler temps can be great for park touring and the crowds are so much lighter. You will probably be able to do more with the 8 days in Jan. then with the 12 at Easter time. Well, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but you will be able to get lots done at a nice leasurely pace.

Another vote for January and a Deluxe. I'm so spoiled now I can't imagine returning to a moderate!

We're planning a last week of January trip ourselves (our AP's expire 2/8/03). After three value season trips in a row I don't even want to consider going any other time.

I would say January too.
- You will probably see as much in 8 nights during the slow season as you would in 12 nights during peak season.
- The heat is not the best thing for an infant, neither is the sun. I am a nurse and you would be surprised how many babies get sunburned each year. Sun reflects off everything. It may be a bit cooler in Jan but you can control that by layering the baby. You can't do anything when it is 90 degrees and humid.
- you will be caring for a newborn and trying to have a good time, believe me sometimes these 2 things don't always go hand in hand. If the crowds are light and no one is overheated there will be less crabbyness(sp).
Whatever you decide remember, keep well hydrated and keep the baby in the shade. You should take naps as well. It takes a full year to recover from childbirth so be good to yourself. And have FUN!!

If you like huge elbow to elbow crowds that bear out that "sardines in a can" saying, 2 hour and longer waits for rides (3 hours at some), and 30 minute waits even when you have a PS at a restaurant, then Easter is just fine. The weather is real nice then.

If you like light crowds, easy to get on everything, can even walk into many restaurants and sit down, don't mind it being a little cold (50's to 60's), and want to generally enjoy everything at WDW without feeling tense, then your choice is January.

Easter is on April 20th next year. I was there this year at that time, and it was in the upper 80's most of the time and in the 90's on April 22nd! Plus, you'll be dealing with HUGE crowds. Definitely go in January or early Feb. before peak season begins.

As much as I dislike the cooler weather, I dislike the crowds at Easter even more (been there, done that, never again!). Even with the shorter hours in January, you can get so much more done, and your child will be more comfortable, as well. The weather is iffy, but usually if it does get cool, it doesn't last very long. I would go for AKL in January, and save your Easter trip for another time.

Thanks all! I will probably shoot for January after all. I had initially planned on Easter but with such "few" discounts I don't want to take the risk! My 7yo sealed the deal when she asked " can we stay at a hotel without a parking lot view", lol! She is being curupted by her Dad! They say an El Nino is in store for next year. Here in the great white north that means a milder winter, I hope it has the same effect in Florida. Besides a 3.5 month old isn't mobile yet !

I would say go at Easter. We went this past Easter, and even though the crowds were large, the weather was fantastic. as you said, January is so iffy, and do you really want to vacation with a tiny baby while Florida is having a cold spell? I vote for Easter. Pace yourself, and since you will be there so many days you can plan your schedule around the crowds. As far as deluxe vs. moderate, look into the Swan or Dolphin. They are both great deluxe hotels, and we were able to get great AP rates this past Easter. Also, you never know if Disney is going to offer any discounts during this time. They did two years ago.

Just my 2 cents worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter