Would you get your infant the MMR before traveling to WDW?

The chicken pox vaccine has actually been around for awhile! I’m 35 now and I got the vaccination when I was 12.

Really?? I didn't know that! Maybe we are behind you guys on that one (assuming you're from the US, I am from Canada). I've never been vaccinated for chicken pox and I'm 35 too.

Yes I would do MMR with Varicella. It's on the CDC's schedule to do both together at 12 months. My first had a rash reaction to one of them and looked pretty rough for a few days but it was his only symptom which didn't present itself again at the 4 year boosters.

Really?? I didn't know that! Maybe we are behind you guys on that one (assuming you're from the US, I am from Canada). I've never been vaccinated for chicken pox and I'm 35 too.

Yep, I’m from the US. It was new at the time!

And now that I think of it, I’m pretty sure my son’s MMR and Varicella were actually in the same shot. So it really was no big deal for him to get both.

We old fogey's (like me) who never had the vaccine and did get the chicken pox may have to suffer through shingles when we are older. However, I heard they have a vaccine for that, so I'll have to check into it. My father is in his 80's and suffers from bouts of shingles.

DD got these vaccines at 12 months:
DTaP, Hepatitis B, MMR and Varicella.

Our pediatrician didn't mess around, I guess. And don't ask why I just happen to have DD's immunization record just lying around. LOL!

A little off topic, but we are also in Canada... my doctor said that my DD 6 was one among the first age groups in Canada to get it at 12 months. It was one of my misgivings about it actually, that there wasn't enough data on how it will affect them as adults. But we did it anyway.

A little off topic, but we are also in Canada... my doctor said that my DD 6 was one among the first age groups in Canada to get it at 12 months. It was one of my misgivings about it actually, that there wasn't enough data on how it will affect them as adults. But we did it anyway.

That’s so interesting. Hopefully you’ll feel better knowing that it’s been around in the US for over 20 years. My siblings and I all got it and we are all fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter