Would you get your infant the MMR before traveling to WDW?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
Staying for one week in WDW, GF.

My infant CAN get the MMR - timeframe suggested is 12-15 months. Would you get your infant the MMR before going to Disney if in that timeframe?

Yes... Just think about all the people, people from all over the world visiting..... sneezing, coughing, touching, and god only knows what else.... I did not take my DD anywhere like this, until she had all her shots. I also would talk to your Ped's Doc. and discuss your plans, and see if there is anything else you need to be aware of. I will say that I'm that lady you see in the parks wiping off the tables and chairs in the QS, cleaning all the surfaces in the resort room when we are traveling and that everywhere we go, on the plane that wipes down the tray tables, arm rest and in the grocery store wiping down the shopping cart, or basket... I worked in healthcare and all I can say is you really want & need to wash your hands and wipe stuff down after seeing some of the stuff I have... EWWWW :worried::scared:

That's what I figured. What do you all think about Chicken Pox vaccination? That's also due 12-15 months but I hate the thought of giving 2 live virus vaccinations at once, since I must give the MMR.

Last edited:

That's what I figured. What do you all think about Chicken Pox vaccination? That's also due 12-15 months but I hate the thought of giving 2 live virus vaccinations at once, since I must give the MMR.

I’d ask my pediatrician, but I know mine would encourage me to get them all. I trust and love my doctor.

As standard practice, both our children received MMR and Varicella (Chicken pox) vaccines at their 12 month well baby checkups. I don't see why you would have an issue with it, but certainly check with your doctor first. I think any vaccine is a good vaccine.

Vaccination timing is in my opinion very important in planning a WDW vacation with a baby. While I fully vaccinated, I did so at a slower rate than the scheduled time line. I do however think getting both immunizations before your trip would trump my preferred slower timeline. There are people from everywhere with very different degrees of vaccination policies.

Absolutely.
In fact my pediatrician helped us time the initial vaccines around our first WDW with DD2 so that she would be optimally vaccinated before the trip.

I think my son got chickenpox and MMR vaccinations at his 12 month appointment. I have just gone with the doctor’s vaccination schedule, and my son (now 2) has had exactly 0 issues with any shots, other than an occasional pink mark on his leg where the shot was. These diseases are very contagious and in my opinion, all kids who can get vaccinated should.

Staying for one week in WDW, GF.

My infant CAN get the MMR - timeframe suggested is 12-15 months. Would you get your infant the MMR before going to Disney if in that timeframe?

We actually just got my sons MMR booster and the chicken pox vaccine for this exact reason. Kids can catch so many things in airports and at the parks, I wanted him covered. I'd for sure get it before you leave. When it comes to chicken pox I was skeptical about that one in the beginning but the nurse explained to me that chicken pox is now turning into flesh eating disease which is why they vaccinate for it now.

We actually just got my sons MMR booster and the chicken pox vaccine for this exact reason. Kids can catch so many things in airports and at the parks, I wanted him covered. I'd for sure get it before you leave. When it comes to chicken pox I was skeptical about that one in the beginning but the nurse explained to me that chicken pox is now turning into flesh eating disease which is why they vaccinate for it now.

The chicken pox vaccine has actually been around for awhile! I’m 35 now and I got the vaccination when I was 12.

I'd 100% get the vacccines before going!
There are so many germs at a place like Disney, it is best to make sure your LO is protected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter