Would you get MaxPass on a busy day if arriving mid day?

qa4ever

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We won't be able to make it into DisneyLand until about 1 pm on a busy day (this Sunday) when we will only stay until about 5-6 pm. I'm wondering if it is even worth it to get MaxPass that day?

Thinking to get a paper fastpass when we arrive, and not to focus too much on headliners but instead to use the day to watch Mickey and the Magical Map, Christmas Parade, and rides that don't generally have too crazy lines like Tiki Room, Castle walkthrough, Riverboat. and Train.

Hopefully can maybe get a couple of paper fastpasses for less popular rides as I'm sure all the good ones would be gone anyways. Using the day as a more relaxing exploring day to look at merch and such. Then the next day when we can be there the entire day get maxpass and go go go.

What would you do? Seems like a waste for a day when there likely won't be many fastpasses left anyways and we're only there part of the day. This will also give us a chance to get the shows and non-fastpass attractions out of the way and then focus on fastpass headliners the next day.

Yes I think your impulse is right, especially if this partial day is part of a longer trip. I would not get MP for a Sunday visit between 1pm-6pm. By that time of the day, the FPs that are available may be for ride times later than you can stay. So save the $ and pull paper FPs as makes sense and do all the other fun stuff there is to do. Then do MP on the other days of your trip. Have fun!

If you might want to use Photopass, then it might be worthwhile to get MP for one person just for PP (in front of the Christmas tree! in front of the castle!) and ride photos.

This is what we did last year and we kind of liked the more relaxed chill day. If it is okay for y’all not to do many rides that day and enjoy other aspects of Disneyland then I would pass on MaxPass that day.

I wouldn't get it, considering you're both arriving late and leaving early. Only rides with fairly quick return times will work for you in that window, and usually those rides don't have bad standby times anyway. I like you're plan. Grab a paper FP when you arrive if there are any you want, and then just enjoy the shops, the decor, and jump on rides here and there if the wait times are good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!