Would you consider going on an Adults Only (21+) Disney Cruise?

Anyone for an ADULTS ONLY Disney Cruise???

• Yes!

Votes: 128 71.1%
  • No way.

Votes: 30 16.7%
  • Maybe????

Votes: 22 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Girl of the South

DIS Veteran
Thinking this might not be a bad idea? Just even once or twice a year? It's fun to see little kids reactions to things BUT adults can be just as enthusiastic. And the lines for the slides would be less. They don't have to change too much at all, really. Maybe a few more adult entertainers. Oh, does this mean we could play in the kids areas?????

I am just curious if anyone things it's a good idea? Don't we often head to the Adults only areas and Serenity Bay?

Thinking this might not be a bad idea? Just even once or twice a year? It's fun to see little kids reactions to things BUT adults can be just as enthusiastic. And the lines for the slides would be less. They don't have to change too much at all, really. Maybe a few more adult entertainers. Oh, does this mean we could play in the kids areas?????

I am just curious if anyone things it's a good idea? Don't we often head to the Adults only areas and Serenity Bay?
Part of what I enjoy about the Disney cruises are the kid reactions when just walking down the passageway and running into Peter Pan or Snow White.

Since our cruises are mostly aimed toward itinerary and cost, I'd have to say "Maybe" to an adult only cruise. It would depend on those other factors.

Our first DCL cruise was a 15 night Panama Canal one. There were very few children onboard, and the adult only areas (onboard and on Castaway Cay) were overrun with people. We (just my husband and I) actually spent our time on Castaway Cay on the Family Beach as there were tons of vacant loungers and hardly any people in the water.

Last edited:

This probably would be fun. I don't mind having the kids around, I avoid the family pool area and other kid crowded areas generally. But it would be nice to have the main stage shows without little screaming children in them!

I wouldn't be against it, but without the child population of the ship being in their areas, I feel the areas we enjoy would be overcrowded and impossible to enjoy. In general kids don't bother me and if they aren't mine and I don't have to deal with them, who cares if they are there. In 21 Disney Cruises I can come up with 1 time a child was bothersome to me...and that was due to the parents ignorance.

Last edited:

Why 21+? What about 18+? The kids clubs only go through age 17. Once they're 18, they have access to all the adult areas...they just can't order alcohol.

Yes, I'm a little biased...I have an 18 yr old. I'd be willing to do an 18+ cruise...either with DH, or just my 18 yr old during her college breaks...and leave my 14 yr old behind with somebody...

Part of what I enjoy about the Disney cruises are the kid reactions when just walking down the passageway and running into Peter Pan or Snow White.

THIS! Especially with my "kids"now being 18 and 21 when I see those little ones having fun with the characters or whatever really, it brings back memories and makes me smile (if not get a little teary eyed)!

So what happens to all those areas currently used for under 21? What do the Disney kids club employees do during the cruise?

Well, we're (currently) just two adults, so yes.

But, I'm not sure how ... different it would be. In our experience, we really don't notice the children too much anyway. The kids clubs seem to do a really good job of occupying the children, in addition to the children's pool. And we choose late dining which seems to have less children.

As others have mentioned, it could end up feeling very crowded and being a far less enjoyable experience if the entire ship was full of adults.

DH and I have done all our previous cruises, child free! Loved it! So I think this would be a great idea. I would think they would repurpose the kids' clubs for adult activities. Like a pp mentioned, the regular stuff would be packed. But they could do more adult shows in the theater giving us more room. Use the clubs for games, minute to win it, plus the family D lounge could be repurposed for adult purposes...

The Cast Members could have fun with us adults too.

I voted "maybe" only because I don't see Disney ever doing this -- and it would depend greatly on the itinerary they offered and the length of the cruise. But if they did, and all the factors worked out, I'd be onboard in a heartbeat. Although if you pick the right time of year, you can almost get a mostly adult cruise ;)

I didn't place a vote as the "no way" option was a bit too finite (I never say never :P). To give an answer though, the whole charm of a Disney cruise for me, at least, has always been watching the fun our son had. As he got older and the whole "Disney" aspect wasn't as big a deal to him, we all (our son included) got a kick out of watching the other kids interacting with the characters, etc. If it was just a bunch of adults I guess I just don't see the fun.

That being said, I would probably enjoy an adults only cruise on another ship as sometimes getting away from the kiddos is fun. But I'd want an actual adult atmosphere, and while Disney does have adult areas, so much of the ship is geared towards families that I just don't see the point. As others have mentioned, the actual adult areas would be slammed. While an adult only cruise would be fun, Disney just isn't designed for that. And that's OK. It's not who they are.

I would do it if it wasn't too much money.

DH and I have done all our previous cruises, child free! Loved it! So I think this would be a great idea. I would think they would repurpose the kids' clubs for adult activities. Like a pp mentioned, the regular stuff would be packed. But they could do more adult shows in the theater giving us more room. Use the clubs for games, minute to win it, plus the family D lounge could be repurposed for adult purposes...

The Cast Members could have fun with us adults too.
This is my idea. Utilize the kids areas for the adults. After all, we're just bigger kids. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter