Would you buy new or used RV?

After looking at what seemed like 100 Class B+ motorhomes we have made a decision. Now to find one. We went to around 9 RV dealers to look at all the possibilities. We considered a triple slide but the lack of under storage was a main factor.
Now we need to find a Coachman 301 Single slide, Ford, with the outdoor entertainment center, 2014. The price runs about $84,000 (not MSRP). There are 3 coming in to a dealer in Florida in the next few weeks. Game plan is to drive to Atlanta, fly into Orlando, buy one and drive it back to Atlanta then drive back home after we set it up. Back up is the same, only doing the purchase in Texas.
We did purchase a campground membership near where DH will be working all next year and we got a "free" 32" Vizio TV. We were going to do that anyway so the TV was just a bonus. Merry Christmas to someone in my family!:rotfl:
Wish me luck! I told DH if we bought in Orlando we had to stay a few days at the Fort!:cool1:

Wow, your eyes are probably 'crossed' by now! :laughing:

Are you looking at Class B Van RV's or Class C RV's with the Cab? I thought you were looking at Class A's and C's. Anyway, glad you are able to narrow down your search. :thumbsup2

Wow, your eyes are probably 'crossed' by now! :laughing:

Are you looking at Class B Van RV's or Class C RV's with the Cab? I thought you were looking at Class A's and C's. Anyway, glad you are able to narrow down your search. :thumbsup2

B+. The B+ has no bed over the cab. That is where the tv is instead of a bed. Awful memories of sleeping in the cab over bed. They are cold. I hate driving A's. I did that for years as a teen. I always hated the cab over bed and I do not want it now. I do not want a slide beside the entry door. Ok, can I get any picky?
Well yes, I can. I feel comfortable driving a RV up to 55 ft. including the car trailer.
Car trailer is my next big challenge. I have to get a trailer painted to match the RV. DH tells me the RV will be 31' and 24 ' trailer so that is my 55' length stopping point.

We're on our third RV (Class A) and bought all of them used. Don't get me wrong, there is something special about breaking in something new - but so many people purchase RVs, barely use them then sell them in practically mint condition. The cost savings is dramatic in many cases. Just be sure to do the research on the RV. There is a difference in quality among manufacturers.

We're on our third RV (Class A) and bought all of them used. Don't get me wrong, there is something special about breaking in something new - but so many people purchase RVs, barely use them then sell them in practically mint condition. The cost savings is dramatic in many cases. Just be sure to do the research on the RV. There is a difference in quality among manufacturers.

No, I agree. I would have loved to go used. There were a few deal breakers in what we found but the older models didn't have things we found important to us. After growing up with RV's and having several of our own we knew what works for us. Some things may seem trivial to first time buyers. We were that way when we bought our first RV's. Now I know exactly what I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter