would this work? (meltdown prevention)

Whosemom

DIS Veteran
My little troupers invariably make it through the day where-ever we go, and however long we stay. Then they totally lose it on the walk to the car/home/whatever. soooo

You guys talk about renting a golfcart and then parking it near where you get on the wdw transportation...do you think I could tie our little red wagon to a tree, to have it from the boat/bus to the campsite? Would that be too weird?

waddayathink?

Micki

I don't see any problem with it--I've seen wagons before being used at FW. I'd just park it behind the bus stop at your loop--maybe use a bike chain to fasten it to a tree so no one borrows it.

You didn't say how old your little ones are. But we have always found that taking a mid day break when our kids were small prevented melt downs. When they were under 6, we would be at the parks at opening, and stay until about 1PM. Then we would go back to the cabin, and have them take a nap. We would then have a snack and return to the parks.

A lot of families feel they MUST storm the parks as commandos from opening to closing, as if they will never return to them again. We always viewed WDW as a multi year experience. It is supposed to be a vacation, right ? Why kill yourself ? and push the kids to melt down.

The wagon is a great idea! However, be cautious fastening it to a tree. FW may not like a potential nick in the trunk. Perhaps a metal pole/fence whatever would be looked at more kindly. But using a wagon is hardly weird!! :p

We always take an umbrella stroller for even a small 6 yr old. They are easy to fold and can be carried on the boats and buses and the kids can ride in them in the park as well. For the older kids we don't fasten the belt so they can get up and down as they would like to, to see things.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the term meltdown. They only fuss for just that few minutes we are heading back(there are three, by the way 7, 4, 2). Getting through the day AT THE PARK is fine.

We always rent a double stroller at the parks and they take turns, so its not a matter of them walking there And of course Ive seen wagons. And coming back for a rest doesn't work for my kids, they're just too excited - and we'd have the "let-down tireds" twice a day, instead of once. :crazy: (the little two nap happily in the stroller)

Every family is different, and mine just need to park their fannies when they are heading away from the fun. My question was just if people thought it would be acceptable to WDW staff for me to leave it unattended off my campsite for the better part of the day.

Thanks, though, for sharing what works for your families :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter