Would someone critique my plans?

teacup princess

DIS Veteran
Hi- we’re Seaworld newbies. I haven’t been since I was a kid many, many moons ago. My family of 6 will be going in June. We got the Discovery Cove dolphin swim + 2 parks. Will be there for 7 days and doing a split stay Monday-Thursday at Bonnet Creek then on to Daytona Beach condo until Sunday. The early park closing times st Seaworld worried me that the kids would be bored at night. We are usually commando type people on vacation and really relax very little so that’s why I booked Bonnet Creek so the kids could still enjoy nice pools and we could go to Downtown Disney at night. Plus the Seaworld resorts underwhelmed me.

Day one, Monday arrival day- Auquatica. I figured this was the best park for this day as we plan to arrive at 10 or 11:00 and my not make opening. No meal plan. Day 2- Seaworld, got meal plan as I have hungry teenagers who probably will eat every hour if you let them and also got quick que as we probably will only be here 1 day. Day 3- Discobery cove with Dolphin swim. Day 4- leave Bonnet Creek and plan to drive to Daytona, May go back to Seaworld or Auqutica for a few hours if there’s something we missed. Plan to also try to squeeze in the Showcase of Citrus with tickets I bought on Travelzoo before heading to the beach. Day 4-7- Daytona Beach but may split up and drive back to Seaworld or Auquatica if any of the kids who don’t want to beach it all day still want to. My kids are red heads and although they like the beach, they will burn like sausages in the Florida sun during the noon hours so I thought the 14 day tickets might cone in handy. Plus we’re bored easily. I missed out on the Black Friday deals as we planned to take a cruise and recently changed our minds. So I bought all of this separately and didn’t find many discounts.

I suspect you'll want to hit a bonus Seaworld day. There is quite a lot for one day, though you can make a good dent with the Quick Queue. To take time to enjoy the exhibits, the second day would come in handy, plus to hit the great coasters again if you're coaster people.

Are you driving to Aquatica and Seaworld? If so, see if you can upgrade one of your Discovery Cove tickets to the three park option - it includes Busch Gardens and free parking at all three parks. Even without going to BG, the $25 upgrade is cheaper than paying to park at the parks twice. (DC has free parking, but Aquatica and Seaworld charge about $20 for parking).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter