Would renting a golf cart to tour the campground for an evening be a good idea?

Princess_Au

Mouseketeer
Our family will be visiting WDW in May. We aren't staying at Ft. Wilderness, but we are big campers and have heard so many good things about Ft. Wilderness, that I think we would really enjoy an evening there.

I have reservations at Trails End for 6:00. I was thinking afterwards, we would rent a golf cart for us and the two litle ones and drive around.

My questions are:

- Can you rent a golf cart for just an evening?

- Can we rent a golf cart if we are not staying there? (We are staying on Disney property though)

- Assuming we are allowed to rent the golf cart, will there be enough to do that evening to justify the outragious rental fee? I would love to watch the fireworks from the beach, so I could see us staying a few hours.

Thanks for any input!

The only option currently offered by Fort Wilderness is to rent a golf cart by the day- so you would be charged $62.84, and you could use the cart until 11 am the next day. You can turn the cart in early-but none of the rental will be refunded.

Truthfully, in May there won't be a whole lot to see around the Fort at night. I could see renting a cart for the evening in the October through December time frame because there are so many decorated campsites to see. But not in May.

You don't need a golf cart to see the Fireworks. You can see those from the beach adjacent to Pioneer Hall.

It might be fun to drive around the Fort for a couple of hours, but it also might be a bit boring for your kids.

So, unless you have money to burn, I would say pass on this idea.

TCD

Another option is to go earlier in the day and rent bikes (assuming you can get bikes with child seats at the Bike Barn, which I think you can...will someone please confirm?) Bikes are hourly, so more cost effective. Then you could make a little visit of it and take the kiddos for a pony ride as well, before dinner.

DH and I (pre-DS) rented bikes to tour around the Fort while staying elsewhere...a lot of fun, and a nice break from the crowds...and it obviously made us want to return and stay at the Fort!

YES! We love it. Trail's End is our fave buffet on property and the Fort is our favorite place to stay or visit, depending on the time of year.

If I could suggest, you may want to get there earlier if you're going to rent a cart. There's activities at the Meadows Recreation Area for the family that you might want to partake in, you can play shuffleboard there, too. Rent canoes or go horseback riding, or visit the petting zoo and pony rides for the little ones. You can go otter spotting, or fishing too.

You could combine the day with some MK time if you want. Get there first thing and park in the outpost lot. Rent your cart, drive around and get a feel for the fort, stop by the Meadows and get an activity schedule. Then park up by the marina and take the boat to MK.

After dinner, you can ride over to the Meadows campfire and see the Chip and Dale sing-along show and roast some marshmallows. At the end of the night, you can watch the Electrical Water Pageant and the MK fireworks from the beach with the music piped in.

All in all, you couldn't find a better way to fill a day than a visit to the Fort! (And I'm not even a fiend!)

at first it's a fun idea but eventually ya start getting that feeling of an old cartoon background were everything starts looking the same :laughing: imo save your money . as mentioned earlier kids will get bored.unless you like checking out different rvs (some of them are WAAAAY decorated very cool)

at first it's a fun idea but eventually ya start getting that feeling of an old cartoon background were everything starts looking the same :laughing: imo save your money . as mentioned earlier kids will get bored

I would get there earlier and tour the campgrounds. As far as the kids being bored, it all depends upon the age of the kids. I think it's fun just to look at all the different motorhome, campers, etc. Again, depending on the age of the kids, you can certainly walk around the campgrounds. If the kids are younger and are using a stroller, walking around the campgrounds would be ideal. You could stop at the different playgrounds and let them play for a little while. The fireworks from the beach are great and you can also see the water parade.

If I could suggest, you may want to get there earlier if you're going to rent a cart. There's activities at the Meadows Recreation Area for the family that you might want to partake in, you can play shuffleboard there, too. Rent canoes or go horseback riding, or visit the petting zoo and pony rides for the little ones. You can go otter spotting, or fishing too.

There isn't a petting zoo at FW. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter