Would love your opinion...trip in 2 days and kiddo just got the flu

I can tell you in no uncertain terms, if it were me, I would be initially torn. I wouldn't go, but I am fairly certain I would say "What should we do?" to my husband.
My oldest just had the flu and strep. I felt so badly for her. She wanted to be up and running after 2 days of tamiflu and antibiotics. I said no and made her rest. She was fever free in 4 days. I can't imagine taking her to Disney like that (it's a 14 hour drive for us). But I would still discuss every "option" because I know how disappointing it would be to her and her siblings.

I don't see anywhere where the OP mentions their gender, the name Chris could be a woman or a man. Either way, whether it's a mom or a dad... it's a pointless argument to make. The issue is people judging this parent harshly without even knowing if they went or not.

If you look at OP's history of posts, you'll see it is a man. (He refers to a trip with the "wifey"). Also the last time he posted prior to starting this thread was 2012 ... kind of strange IMO.

One year, while IN Disney, we contracted the norovirus....probably brought from one of the cruise ships.....there is nothing quite as miserable like being sick at the happiest place on earth. I know its sad, but id reachedule for fall, and play up Mickeys not so scary halloween, or another event near then

Dont do it! You can get so many others sick from exposure! The Flu is Airborne so it wouldn't take much.

Last I heard 52 children have died from the Flu in the US! Why take that chance?? Hope your family member gets get well soon!

One year, while IN Disney, we contracted the norovirus....probably brought from one of the cruise ships.....there is nothing quite as miserable like being sick at the happiest place on earth. I know its sad, but id reachedule for fall, and play up Mickeys not so scary halloween, or another event near then
Noravirus is EVERYWHERE. People associate it with cruises because they are required to report it if numbers reach a certain level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts