• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would Legoland be fun for a 2 year old?

cndnveggie

Earning My Ears
We live in San Diego, and are thinking about taking DS to Legoland for his 2nd birthday. Would it be fun for a 2 year old? Is there enough for him to do? I know he probably won't go on any rides, and we only plan to stay for 3-4 hours. He's not really discovered lego yet, but if there's anything to do with trucks, he'll have fun!

Also, any discounts or coupons would be great!

TIA :)

LegoLand is great for a child of 2. I started taking my DD when she was 2.5.

There are rides you can do, awesome play area, little kid train, etc. I think youwill have a blast. Kids under two get in free...so if it is the day before his birthday;), he is free.

I often get a flyer in the mail with a coupon for $10 off for up to 6 guests...that is about as good of a deal that I have seen. Costco has cheaper tickets often as well.

If you need a free child with paying adult coupon, I have those, and can mail one to you.

Have fun!!!

We live in San Diego, and are thinking about taking DS to Legoland for his 2nd birthday. Would it be fun for a 2 year old? Is there enough for him to do? I know he probably won't go on any rides, and we only plan to stay for 3-4 hours. He's not really discovered lego yet, but if there's anything to do with trucks, he'll have fun!

Also, any discounts or coupons would be great!

TIA :)

I think Legoland is great for 2 year olds. Its not as hectic and the water park areas are great for little ones. Bring extra clothes/swimsuit.

Cosco has discounted tickets and a 3 month membership that is quite a nice deal. There is a Cosco very near Legoland and it has the tickets in stock if you local store doesn't have them. There are good deals out there from time to time elsewhere but I haven't seen the buy one adult ticket get two kids in free since last summer.

Enjoy.

It's alright, but EXTREMELY expensive. If he is your only child (i.e. you don't have an older "brickmaster" in the family), I'd wait until he's older. We are taking our boys again this summer, and our youngest just turned 3 and is NOW into Legos, and I think will enjoy himself much more than last year when we went. About all he did last time was wander around the child play areas (which, frankly, are about as good as our local playground). Our oldest had a much better time...he had just turned 4 at the time. Our kids will be almost 3.5 and 5 this summer, and I think that is the perfect age to START going to Legoland.

All the play areas just have the small legos, really. We didn't come across any Duplo play areas (or we missed them totally). So, unless you are comfortable with your 2 y/o playing with tiny lego pieces, there's not much in the way of "lego play areas" for 2 year olds. And, many of the rides have height requirements. If your son has been to Disneyland, the rides he can ride at Legoland will seem pretty boring in comparison.

I think Legoland is an amazing park for sure, but it really needs the kids to be older/into Legos for full appreciation.

All of the areas with bricks in the waiting lines have the Duplo sized bricks - we have passes, and my friends with 2-year-olds have a great time with them in the toddler area/playground.

I went there with my two year old and it was fun but a bit beyond him. I would have waited until he was olderif i did it again. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter