Would it be weird?

If you can afford the luxury then by all means go for it! It will be amazing!!

I'm a confirmed solo traveler and a DVC owner as well so all my stays at WDW have been at the various DVC resorts. I do prefer to stay in a studio since most of them are for 3 or 4 people so there is plenty of room for a solo person. Most of my WDW resort visits I do order groceries but nothing that would require a stove to cook. Now if you prefer to cook then maybe a one bedroom would be best since you have a full kitchen but I would recommend that you save the money/points and maybe stay in a studio room at a newer resort or closer to the hospitality if you prefer OKW.

the only one bedroom villa I've stayed at was OKW and I absolutely loved it. First of all, prepare yourself for the amount of space...the 1 bedroom units at OKW are huge. Enjoy your 2 weeks!

You got the money, honey, they'll take your dime. There are many of us that are in a forced situation of going solo. Sad, but true! What would be weird about it to anyone other then a Disney Fan or here and there a few Karen's. I'm probably a lot older then most of the people on these boards and over and over I have heard people afraid to do stuff, like eat alone, like it is some unusual thing for humans to eat, or go by themselves anywhere, because if you are alone you should just stay home with your shame of not being connected with someone else to always travel with. I don't even think it would occur to me to even ask that question. If I can afford it and I want to do it anyone that thinks there is anything wrong with it are welcome to pound sand. Go ahead and get it. It is possible that you will have to pay for two because a lot of prices are based on more then one occupancy, but if you are ok with that, taint nobody's business but your own!

If I had the money, I would take it a step further and go on a solo trip staying in the presidential suite in Animal Kingdom Lodge :P

Unless you tell anyone, the only people who would know is the CM at check in and housekeeping. The first one will have too many people coming by his desk each day to even think about you as soon as you are gone. The second one will be grateful as there is less to clean with only one person.

Sounds like a great plan to me especially for a longer trip especially if you plan to spend some time relaxing at the resort. I go solo a lot now (something I thought I would never say!) and I usually try to keep it on a budget and stay at a moderate but the thing I miss most is having that outdoor patio space for relaxing.

Stayed in a 1 BR at OKW with DH in January, WOW, what an amazing villa! I want to do a solo trip in the future and wouldn't hesitate booking a 1 BR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts