Would I need a reservation at Yak and Yeti in Sept.? (after labor day)

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
Wondering if I need a reservation to Yak and Yeti. Not going until the week after labor day. Does this restaruant charge the $10 per person fee for no shows or cancellations like the others?

This should be moved to the Restaurants board... All restaurants charge the no-show and cancellation fee, so this one does also. I honestly think you could get a walk up there with no problem, especially in Sept! We went in Nov last year, had an adr and were seated right away and the place was almost empty.. Lots of people were walking up and got seated. This is one of our favorite restaurants. I always say it is better to have an adr, just in case it is an unusual busy day/night and you'll at least be guaranteed a table- we have never had problems getting adrs there well after the 180 day mark.

I'm sure you can get in as a walk up. If you are planning on lunch I would go as soon as they open to see what is available for lunch and the rest of the day.

If you are ok with the possibility of not getting it, dont' get a reservation.

Y&Y is a Landry's restaurant so you could join the Landry Club (costs $25), but you'll get a $25 sign up credit that you can use at Y&Y. Landry Club members get priority seating so you don't need a reservation. When you arrive at the restaurant let the host/hostess know and you'll be be seated ahead of those waiting, including anyone with reservations. Rainforest and T-Rex are also Landry restaurants so the same applies there.

I would just to be safe.

Of course its easier to not plan your day around ADRs, but better safe than sorry.

Yak and Yeti seems (at least for us) to be one of the easier ADRs to get, especially for the time of year that you are going. We were there in January and even though we had an ADR, we were able to walk in an hour earlier and switch out the ADR because we were hungry earlier then we thought we would when we made the ADR 180 days earlier. I think if you want to not worry about an ADR and being tied to a certain time, you should be fine walking up and getting a seat with a minimal wait time.

They also take reservations over the phone direct at the restaurant so if you don't show up there isn't a no show fee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter