Would I be entitled to the DAS

The last few trips there have been more times I have had to get out of the FP line because I just can not handle the length( time-wise) of the lines a wheelchair or other mobility device does nothing for me if it did I would use it so fast

I was at the kiosk at MK behind someone asking to renew there DAS the CM ask what their concerns are for the DAS and it was simply mobility the CM said they should have never had a DAS and did not give it to them

I have also been with a friend that does use an ECV but we were just going for the day so we left it behind huge mistake as she almost had to go to the ER and this was before noon. This is why I suggest what is best why I think the CM should ask what your concerns are for the line why some times a mobile device is better then the DAS and a DAS is better
And sometimes both are unfortunately needed, it really does depend on the needs.

But the only time I ever have had issues with length of FP lines was right after an attraction reopened after breaking down and one tine when we were cutting it too close to our dining reservation, but that was our fault (sort of, we ended up in the situation due to a member of our party falling, but that's a other story) and the CMs offered to allow us to return after our ADR.

I’d ask for one. Chances are you’ll get it. I never see posts where someone is actually refused. More often people post how they hardly had to give info and got one. It kinda seems like those who have one try to discourage others from getting one. And Disney has a habit of not saying no!
This is exactly the kind of unrealistic expectation we hope to avoid here. That is why we post realistic responses: to temper the expectation that "Disney has a habit of not saying no!" Disney does indeed say "no" often enough and for good reason. While you are right to suggest that it doesn't hurt to ask for a DAS, there is no guarantee that the request will be granted and it isn't helpful to encourage someone to think that they may get a DAS without the possibility of being refused. People have the right to request a DAS, but they should also be prepared to be told "no" and to have another resource suggested to them.

I have seen plenty of people told no, especially at Disneyland and DCA.
Same here and for a variety of reasons. CMs aren't mean; they are trying to be realistic and reasonable. If they think a DAS isn't the best solution for a guest's needs, they will try to come up with something that could be a better fit. Guests need to be flexible and willing to work with Disney on this. Yes, CMs can be wrong, but so can guests. CMs and guests need to communicate as clearly as we can and do our best to work together to see our needs are met as well as can be reasonably expected.

I’d post how they hardly had to And Disney has a habit of not saying no!

They've certainly said no to me often enough when I've asked for accommodations. Accommodations I know others have gotten, so I know it's not anything they have a policy against giving. And I know for certain that some of the no's were because it would make a little extra work. (Like the CM who insisted over and over that he "wasn't allowed" to send me up in the elevator at the end of PotC when the speedramp wasn't working and I was on crutches. Or the one at the Haunted Mansion who insisted over and over that there was no way into the attraction except through the stretching room, which isn't really safe for me with my night blindness.)

Like the CM who insisted over and over that he "wasn't allowed" to send me up in the elevator at the end of PotC when the speedramp wasn't working and I was on crutches. Or the one at the Haunted Mansion who insisted over and over that there was no way into the attraction except through the stretching room, which isn't really safe for me with my night blindness
These are situations where you stop and demand a manager.

Exactly, politely, but definitely get a manager. If on crutches, it wouldn't be safe to use the speed ramp, even if it was working and definitely not if it isn't. BTW, did you know if any escalator (not a speed ramp) isn't working, they are supposed to be blocked off and not used as stairs, as the tread depth is too high for them to be safely used as stairs?

I did not know that! Not a big escalator person. My grandmother fainted on one while holding my hand, so we both fell.

I did not know that! Not a big escalator person. My grandmother fainted on one while holding my hand, so we both fell.
Yikes, no fun! Yeah, I always wondered why both Disneyland and Universal blocked escalators when. They weren't working and was told that when I asked, so I looked it up one day and turns out it was true.

Right - the manager did eventually come to PotC and get the elevator. That incident was such a production and such a long wait, and the HM CM so hostile (turned and walked away while I was talking to him) that I just didn't have it in me to keep pushing

But my point in bringing these instances up is that the idea that "Disney never says no" is far from true.

Right - the manager did eventually come to PotC and get the elevator. That incident was such a production and such a long wait, and the HM CM so hostile (turned and walked away while I was talking to him) that I just didn't have it in me to keep pushing

But my point in bringing these instances up is that the idea that "Disney never says no" is far from true.
HM now will had you a card that let you know how to skip the stretching room. 4263E529-EF97-46A9-8A8D-5BF22824F0DD.jpeg

To the OP, my DH was like you, hated the idea of using a wheelchair/EVC. But it got to the point of less hours in the park and more hours in pain. He rides about 80% of the time and the rest , walks pushing the wheelchair. No one gave a hoot about him in a chair. The only comments we ever got was about the lights we put on the wheels, and those comments were "cool chair" or something like that. And in one humbling moment, a dad who had a child of about 10 in her own chair, asked me how I attached the lights. If I had had scissors with me, I would have taken them off and put them on her chair.

Do not worry one bit at all about needing to use a chair at disney. As someone here, told me, no one cares if you wear glasses or have a hearing aid, why be concerned using a chair, it's just another tool.

OP, what exactly do you think the DAS will do for you? It will not give you a place to sit when you need to sit, (there's very few places in the parks to sit now, and they are usually full) it doesn't shorten your wait time, and it doesn't shorten the distance you will be walking between attractions, and into most of the attractions (FP queues parallel the standby ones in a lot of the attractions). It will require you to go to either the queue or find a kiosk to get the return time, and then what would you do? These are things you need to think about a plan for, and it sounds like a wheelchair will help you more than the DAS. A wheelchair is a tool just like glasses, hearing aids, crutches, and communication devices are tools. You've got to consider the tools available to you and be personally responsible, IMO.

Another idea is get used to using a wheelchair/ecv in public by using the ones in the grocery store/Target/Costco etc.

Do you mind if I ask who you asked for this? The CM outside the attraction? I wouldn't want to end up causing confusion by asking the wrong person.
I asked the CM that is standing just inside the door when you first go in the first room. They will be on your right

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter