Would Horror Nights be Better off at IOA?

JacksBack!!

Mouseketeer
I read a post earlier about this, and I decided to write somthing.

Could Horror Nights be moved from USF into IOA? This is a question I have asked My self many times. And I think in the future this will happen. IOA does have the built in teen audience and will offer teens the chance to scream on Hulk, The Dragons, JP, Doom, Spiderman, and everyones two favorate Water Rides all night long. This is a big plus over teens yawning on Jaws, Twister, MIB, Back to the Future, etc... So of course teens will love IOA's rides over USF's, but will teens love the atmosphere better?

One of the best things of Horror Nights at USF is the atmosphere the park has, especially in the New York section. Just looking up at New York you see that you are now traped in a twisted evil Nightmare. The lights in the buildings are green and orange. Its a spatacular sight. Then when you are on the other side of the park in central park you are then almost traped in a park Grave Yard with lightning fashing over the hill. This is the darkest area in the park, not to mention the most scariest scare zone. Then in the Jaws area you have the most foggiest area in the carnival section called clown attack. The atmosphere at the park makes you fell that your in danger at all times, that in any second some freak will jump out with a chainsaw and scare the hell out of you.

Now if Universal switched Horror Nights to IOA, how will the atmoshpere change? Well I guess JP will be the darkest section of the park and most scariest. Marvel could try to recreate that New York Light affect. And Suess Landing could become the carnivel spot for Clown attacks. Thats good but how the heck do you make a Haunted Toon Lagoon? The place is too happy to be scary. But with all of that I dont think the atmosphere will be as good as USF.

The Next thing to ask is where will the Houses go? At Universal they are allways two at Soundstage 22, two at Earthquake, and one at Nazzermans. But where to put them at IOA? Well maybe you could put one in Sevester McBeans Driving Machene Que in Suess Landing. Another one could be thrown in the Dueling Dragon Que. Walls will be put up inside there to make it even larger. Maybe they could close down the JP discovery center for a month and throw a house together in there. But I am not sure where another one can fit. They could construct somthing like in the earthquake Que that can be large enough to store two houses. For those who dont know the earthquake Que is just an open air metal struture that the house is built underneith. Large Walls are constructed to make the house. I dont know where they would construct this though?

The shows will have no effect because you can just throw Bill and Ted into Sinbad and do the magic show in the Cartoon stadium.

My heart is torn I love Universals atmosphere, but I love IOA's rides. I guess it will be best to keep Horror Nights at USF.

Anyways to feel the power of horror nights here is a video of screams of terror from last years fearhouse.

http://www.nauticalartist.com/movies/funhouse.mpg

KEEP IT IN USF. IOA does not need it or hopefully want it. :p

Originally posted by JacksBack!!
I read a post earlier about this, and I decided to write somthing.
But where to put them at IOA? Well maybe you could put one in Sevester McBeans Driving Machene Que in Suess Landing. Another one could be thrown in the Dueling Dragon Que. Walls will be put up inside there to make it even larger. Maybe they could close down the JP discovery center for a month and throw a house together in there.

Yeah, i mean, maybe you *could*.. but, Why would you go through all this trouble? HHN is a USF tradition and I dont think there is any need or reason to bring it to IOA. USF is just Ideal for it. Plus, you open up a lot of other issues. Would the Seuss family approve of the characters on the island turning "scary"? I don't think so.

The only thing I have ever heard that sounds remotely appetizing is opening a walkway between the soundstages and the Lost Continent, and have the LC island open as an, uhm, "annex" for HHN. What would go there? I dont know. Why? I'm not sure.

No, no no no. Bad idea, this is the one event the really keep Universal Studios so popular. You go to IOA for rides (if this is the type of person that yall might be) but you have to keep USF for the events. But I do agree with an annex between the two park and maybe they could just have people in the lost continent and jurassic park area and close the rest of it but then people wouldnt be able to ride the hulk (well too bad) do it during regular operating hours. Well...that was fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter