Would having a Disney park in Michigan be a good idea?

Probably won't be cost effective for Disney. They would probably rather build another one in China

Probably not. There's already a huge amusement park in easy driving distance during the summer months, and the weather would make it unusable for most of the year. Plus there's not a big enough population center in the area to make it a good investment. (And I don't just say that because i'm from Ohio so hatred of 'that state up north' is in my blood ;) )

It would be miserable from about this time of year clean through to mid-April... hardly a recipe for profitability! Not to mention how many of the rides would be unable to operate when outdoor portions iced-over or were heaped with snow.

I would love it since we live in Michigan but since our snow months run Nov to Feb I do not see it working. However, I think a park somewhere mid-country would be awesome!

This would be a terrible idea and would never be considered by Disney. They need a place which attracts visitors year round, not a place which has to close in winter months.

Why do you keep starting threads about Disney parks in ridiculous areas?

Think he weather would be a big hindrance and the fact that it's not really a tourist area. The latter is probably the bigger reason though honestly. Paris is about the same distance north as ours and gets cold weather and snow too. However historically it has been their lowest performing park so that's not exactly a good argument as weather could be part of the reason. But Orlando, Anaheim/LA, Paris, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Tokyo are big business and tourist destinations that draw lots of people in every year. Michigan doesn't really have that kind fo draw to pull people there outside of the park.

At present, there are only two other cities I could see a Disney park; Sydney and Dubai.

Some have suggested somewhere in Brazil but I can't see it. Economy is in shambles, most Brazilians couldn't afford to go.

I feel like Dubai would be waaaaaay too hot and hard on maintenance for rides. Unless they put it all indoors but at that point you could do it everywhere, right?

Why not Gold Coast in Australia? It will help both Dreamworld and WB Movie World as a Disney resort will draw in more visitors to the area.

I think it would be too cold but so is Paris (if only Barcelona competed for a Disney Park oh wait), but it is nearish to Toronto , New York,Washington ,Chicago andMaybe Montreal and Philadelphia. it has cheapish land. It has lots of people unemployed to pick from.

Why not Gold Coast in Australia? It will help both Dreamworld and WB Movie World as a Disney resort will draw in more visitors to the area.
I’m pretty sure I read awhile back they’ve looked at it and decided there just aren’t enough people in Australia to support it.

I’m pretty sure the next new park will be a second park in Hong Kong. Followed by one in Shanghai.

I just don’t see any more Disney US sites than the 2 they have now...

I’m pretty sure I read awhile back they’ve looked at it and decided there just aren’t enough people in Australia to support it.

I’m pretty sure the next new park will be a second park in Hong Kong. Followed by one in Shanghai.
I think Dreamworld is dead. I just think we also do not have enough people to work in the park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!