Would any of the Disney wheelchair covers fit an adult wheelchair?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
My mom and I are thinking of dressing up my dad's wheelchair with the Disney wheelchair cover sets sold at ShopDisney and I'm curious to ask if they would fit on an adult wheelchair? Because from what they show in the pictures is a kids wheelchair and so i'm wondering if the wheelchair covers would fit on my dad's wheelchair too? My mom and I want to dress Dad's wheelchair for Halloween so he can hand out candy and these wheelchair cover sets caught my eye

As above - measure his wheels. The descriptions all say “for standard 24” wheels” and I believe that is the most common for manual wheelchairs. A child’s chair will have a smaller seat but generally the same wheel size.

My mom and I are thinking of dressing up my dad's wheelchair with the Disney wheelchair cover sets sold at ShopDisney and I'm curious to ask if they would fit on an adult wheelchair? Because from what they show in the pictures is a kids wheelchair and so i'm wondering if the wheelchair covers would fit on my dad's wheelchair too? My mom and I want to dress Dad's wheelchair for Halloween so he can hand out candy and these wheelchair cover sets caught my eye
The wheelchair cover kits are pretty expensive. In your other thread you are saying your mom can't afford appropriate socks for your dad. Maybe concentrate on getting him the right socks and decorate his chair with something less expensive?

Wow, folks, let's not judge others' choices. OP asked a logical question about wheel size and the wheelchair covers that Disney sells. Allow OP and her family to decide further if this is something they want and fits the budget.

Wow, folks, let's not judge others' choices. OP asked a logical question about wheel size and the wheelchair covers that Disney sells. Allow OP and her family to decide further if this is something they want and fits the budget.
How is that judging? I was stating a fact, and offering an alternative.

24 inch wheels are standard wheelchair wheel size. They are measured from the ground up to the top of the wheel. A child’s wheelchair that is low to the ground might have smaller wheels, but even my daughter’s first chair when she was almost 3 had that size wheels. Transport chairs with small wheels are, of course, not that size.

I actually looked at them when they first came out and concluded they were overpriced and would not be very practical. They would make transferring into and out of the wheelchair difficult and would pretty much prevent my daughter from propelling her chair herself.
A popular YouTube poster named Gem actually reviewed the Cinderella and Buzz Lightyear one about 2 years ago and came to the same conclusion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter