Would A CM Let me Propose Like This?

hAm53

hi!!!
I think I read somewhere (I think on Gifts of a Lifetimne's Site) that Disney charges an arm and a leg to "rent" characters, but I was really hoping to have Mickey there when I proposed to my girlfriend on our next trip (Sept 2004), but I didn't know if I could do this.
While we're in the regular line to get your picture taken with Mickey, I would sneak over to the CM w/ Mickey and tell him/her what I was about to do, and ask if a picture could be taken while I'm on the knee. I didn't know what were the odds of actually being told "No, you can't." I think that with Mickey right there, it would make everything a little more special.
Anyone know if I would be told "No" by the CM, since I already know the answer to the more important question is "Yes".
The other option is just not telling the CM, but I think that it's something the CM should have a heads-up on.
Thanks.
~Chris

I think you can do so at the Studio M in Downtown Disney. In that studio, you can take a picture with Mickey. Perhaps you can call the studio to make the arrangment. Also, you can call restaurants which offer character meals to see whether you can make such an arrangement. I seldom see Mickey in the park. If he is around,
there is always a long line of kids and parents.

Good luck!!!

We were at Disney for our wedding/honeymoon in Feb. and I was wearing my minnie veil headband while in line for Dopey. The CM started talking to us and told us how someone proposed to his girlfriend in front of Dopey and Snow White. She said they kind of held the line back for a minute, took pictures, and she said yes (apparently this was her dream proposal):-) So it can be done. If you wanted it to be a surprise, maybe have her get a drink/go to the bathroom/something so you could talk to the CM for a minute.

You can rent Disney characters for weddings and last year they were $550/30 minutes, however I know the price went up for 2003, just unsure how much. I don't know anything about renting them for a non-wedding purpose.

Good luck!

I've seen a picture in the MGM Dark Room shop where you pick up pictures of character meet and greets and there was one of someone proposing when meeting Mickey. But it wasn't the regular line you were talking about, it was when there's a professional photographer too. But either way I'm sure it would be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter