Worthwhile to get Character Dining Vouchers from 3rd party vendors?

superdeluxe

Mouseketeer
I've read a few tips about how the actual cost of the meal is 8-15$ cheaper per ticket. What is the advantage of getting a voucher, from lets say Last Minute Travel? Instead of calling ahead and just reserving a time?

So you still have to make the reservation wether you have the voucher or not. Just so that’s clear.

We saved money by buying our vouchers ahead of time from get away today.

The main purpose of the voucher is to save a little money (probably a few dollars per person). For some, they like knowing they'll be saving a few dollars and having some of their vacation costs paid upfront. The voucher usually covers the price of the meal, tax, and gratuity. The amount you save depends on which voucher you get, where you go, and for which meal you're going. In general, you're best bet to save some money is to use the voucher at dinner.

As the PP said, you still need to make a reservation regardless of payment method. Reservations open 60-days in advance online and over the phone. While reservations are pretty easy to come by, I would still recommend making one if you know you want to eat at a specific place and time. I've been there when the CMs were turning away walk-ups or telling them it was a long wait (>1 hour).

I purchased my vouchers from Ares travel. They included tax and tip. They sell two tiers - regular and premium, depending on which character meal you want. The price is slightly higher for premium meals.

They are only emails of vouchers, which must be exchanged at the front customer services kiosk to the left of the entry gates prior to going in to eat. If you don't exchange your email for the proper vouchers, you will have to pay first and go from there. It was a gong show when I did this because I either had forgotten or didn't read the fine print. Probably both.

Reservations are strongly suggested if you have a favourite place you want to eat. And if you get a regular voucher for a premium meal you will need to pay the difference at the time of eating.

Thanks everyone one, another follow up question

We were looking at the PAradise Pier hotel breakfast. Shows time as 7 am -11am. Last seating is at 10:50. Do they kick people out at 11 on the dot? Or just stop seating

Check the cost of the meal you want and compare to the voucher cost to see if you think it is worth it. Several years ago we bought vouchers from get away today, and then we realized that the vouchers were more than the normal price for Minnie and Friends. We ended up paying with a credit card for the character meal and applying the vouchers somewhere else so we didn't lose the value. I don't think this is common, but I would still check prices to see if you think it is worth it.

It depends on the character dining - they are all priced differently but the basic voucher is one price - for places such as Minnie's I have found its not worth it as I believe it is the cheapest character breakfast as it's full on university residence style buffet!

There are premium and regular character dinning. You need to watch which voucher you buy based on which one you do. If you buy the premium but use it for regular you won’t have saved any money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!