Worth it to do a PVB bungalow for one night

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We are plotting out our points and trips for next few years. We are taking our in-laws to Poly in July 2020 we will need:

2 Standard studios for 8 nights (384 points)

We are considering splurging to spend our last night in a bungalow. It would bring the total points needed to 498, so significantly more.

Another option 2 LV studios for 452 points.

It wouldn't really affect our over all trips and point usage for future trips.

For those who have had the opportunity to stay in one -- do you think it is worth the extra points for one night? worth it for a one time experience?

if you haven't done so would you do it if you had the extra points?

Last edited:
Not for a bungalow, but we stayed in a cabin for one night and it was very special, so, I say go for it.

If you did not want to do that, rent the points and splurge with the cash.

For the same points to stay in the Poly bungalow you could stay in the GFV Grand villa.

POLY sleeps 8, many on murphy beds/ fold out beds

bungalow_floorplans_640x360_1.png

GFV sleeps 12 in real beds.
gf_grand_villa.jpg

I understand about larger accommodations, etc. but the stand alone buildings are special to me. I never even considered a GV and would not for the visit I had.

Yes, I appreciate GVs, had one for a week In Aulani, but the stand alone experience is different.

but the stand alone buildings are special to me
That is kind of what i was thinking in trying to plan this. We would be able to sit in our bungalow and watch the fireworks while sitting in our tiny pool. We actually don't really want to worry about changing resorts either, although we would still have to drop our bags at bell services for a few hours.

For me, it wouldn't be worth the hassle of moving for just 1 night unless it was for the special fireworks viewing, such as the ones on July 4 or NYE.

Well, I think it would be worth it for the experience! There could be a decent chance that you could get in the villa early, as I don't think they are always all booked? I have stayed single nights in several resorts, and it is always worth it for the experience. I love the Poly, and standard versus preferred seems no big deal to me. I don't love the balconies there anyway. If you do it, plan the night in, order the room service Twilight feast, are you familiar with that? One meal serves about 3 normal people...
And then write about it and let us all know your adventure!

love the Poly, and standard versus preferred seems no big deal to me. I don't love the balconies there anyway. If you do it, plan the night in, order the room service Twilight feast, are you familiar with that? One meal serves about 3 normal people...
And then write about it and let us all know your adventure!
That's right - I totally forgot about the Ohana in room dinner - definitely something to do in a villa which actually has a DR table for all of us (there will be 7 of us). I think you convinced me to do it. That would be a great end to the vacation.

We stayed in a bungalow last May for 5 nights. It is true that you can get a grand villa at VGF for the same point cost (we have stayed there too and they are gorgeous and you get much more space.) But the bungalow was a really special and different experience and we are so so glad with we did it once.

If you can swing it, I would do it.

We ordered the Ohana twilight feast on one of the nights which was amazing, the kids loved swimming in the splash pool, and pretty much every night we sat on the deck, kids in their pajamas, watching the electrical water pageant and HEA. With the music piped in on your deck, you feel like the show is just for you. Hearing the boat horns at night and in the morning ... it felt so magical.

Since you’re staying at Poly already, I’d definitely splurge and do it. And if you have any questions about the bungalows, happy to answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter