Worth Changing Hotels

Zimmy

Earning My Ears
We already have reservations for Pop Century in March 2002 but are now wondering since we plan on going to the ocean one day and to IOA one day if we should make reservations at a hotel either in Universal or near it or will be more more trouble/hassle than it is worth?

Where is Pop Century???getting to and from US and the ocean is pretty easy from most anywhere, just a few more minutes on I-4......Ted

Pop Century is the new value hotel in Disney. It will be next to CBR.

It really depends on your family. We have two teenagers - this past vacation, we ended up staying at 5 different hotels for 8 different nights. (Believe me, I didn't plan it that way in the beginning.) Our teens loved packing up and seeing where we would be staying the next night. It worked out great for us. If I had smaller children or babies, I would really have to think about it. However, if you're visiting IOA -doesn't Hard Rock have FOTLA? That may be something to check into. Anything to avoid those lines!

I was told that Portifino is a nicer hotel. We stayed at the HRH with the entertainment rate and thought it was pricey for what they offered but the FOTL was wonderful. It was the only way we were able to do both US and IOA within two days. My five year old had no problem moving from one hotel to another. The HRH has an awesome slide if you have little ones they will love the pool. The pool is really shallow though so if you like to swim you might not like that. But you can always use the portifino's pools. Also, onsite makes it really convient to just walk to the parks.

For the newest update for FOTL, for onsite guests, go to the Universal Board...

There's some new developments in that. So best to check on that board to get all your answers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter