Worst Room View Pics Thread

Looks a little like the woods view we had at WL in 2015. Looking down was a swamp and to the left was the service area including garbage bins.

NA ...........thats Mickeys "Wheel of Death" in the background , with the Golden Zephyr just peaking in just a bit.

I don't have an issue with the foliage view if it looks like the foliage has been groomed sometime in the last year. Some of Disney's foliage views can be more aptly described as "view from kitchen window of abandoned house awaiting sheriff's sale."

Animal Kingdom Lodge: On the left hand side of the walk way heading down to the bus stops is the resort building. Part of that building is not a solid wall, but rather a wall that ascends about 8 to 10 feet up for a short distance along that pathway. I noticed one morning a young girl's Elsa costume along side another piece of clothing draped over the top of the wall and realized that those were walled off guest rooms. My heart sank for the people who thought they'd at least have the view of a tree, bus stop or parking lot, but instead didn't even have a breeze or piece of sky.

I tried to find a pic someone may have posted of the "view" from those rooms online, but all I found was one review over at travelocity.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...y_s_Animal_Kingdom_Lodge-Orlando_Florida.html

The "image" is painted in words:

we were allocated the very furthest room on the ground floor with a 6ft wall around the balcony in an attempt to block your view of the bus stop and hoardes of other guests passing by. Now I appreciate we had only paid for a standard view and this is all we were expecting but this room is something else, I have stayed at inner city travel lodge rooms for £30 a night with better view than this. Having saved, planned and dreamed of arriving at Animal Kingdom Lodge for 18 months I literally could have cried. This area of the hotel should not be classed as ‘deluxe’ guest rooms, they should be offered at a heavily discounted rate (if at all!) as it’s an absolute insult to charge $300 a night for it.
ETA - found some images to help visualize these disaster rooms. Seriously, there are no rooms on property worse than these: (taken from http://allears.net/2012/07/30/animal-kingdom-lodge-jambo-house-part-one/)

This is the walk way from Jambo down to the park bus stop. Note that wall on the left.
Animal-Kingdom-Lodge-010.jpg

Let's take a closer look. While this photographer (JSpence) was admiring the artwork, he failed to realize the significance of that opening at the top. That's so the balcony just behind here could get some fresh air and not be considered a closet.
Animal-Kingdom-Lodge-011.jpg

That wall is 10' high. No daylight, no breeze, just misery.​

Last edited:
As someone who used to work in hotels for a living, this thread is hilarious. I've had Disney rooms with great views, and garbage. The one with the laundry cart out the window is my favorite.

I'm with the others on this thread in that standard view at WL is among the worst views. Wish I had taken a picture when we were there way back in 2012, but our family STILL so affectionately refers to it as the "dumpster view trip." Still a great resort, just pay up for the view.
We have had the dumpster view at WL twice. We love WL but will absolutely "pay Up" for a better view when we stay there again.

I can't believe room 1221 at VGF hasn't been posted yet! I had that room once later in 2014 from when these photos were taken. It was fine, but I hope I don't get ever the room again to be honest!

548b37794ea9e592b512b28fb5344d56.jpg

https://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-updated-12-16-2016.3192814/page-6#post-50439389

And somehow I was 'lucky' enough to get 1421 a few weeks ago. It's still much better than 1221, but odd since i requested a fountain-view. Oh well, I guess we sometimes need to take one for the team and be in an XX21 room!

Staying at WL for the first time in Feb....hope I get a decent standard view!;)
Our Standard view at WL was of the top of trees. It was actually very pretty. We originally booked a pool view. We ended up first floor with a walkway going into the main lobby so people were constantly walking by and the pool was so far to the right we could barely see it. We ended up moving to a standard, got some money back and ended up with a nice quiet view.Good luck! You will love WL. It's one of my favorites

we had the "you're staying in the laundry room view" last may at POP. Mouse keeping used this area as a staging point for the cleaners and we actually had to move carts out of the way several mornings exit our room.

OMG. This is the ultimate!

:rotfl2:
Animal Kingdom Lodge: On the left hand side of the walk way heading down to the bus stops is the resort building. Part of that building is not a solid wall, but rather a wall that ascends about 8 to 10 feet up for a short distance along that pathway. I noticed one morning a young girl's Elsa costume along side another piece of clothing draped over the top of the wall and realized that those were walled off guest rooms. My heart sank for the people who thought they'd at least have the view of a tree, bus stop or parking lot, but instead didn't even have a breeze or piece of sky.

I tried to find a pic someone may have posted of the "view" from those rooms online, but all I found was one review over at travelocity.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...y_s_Animal_Kingdom_Lodge-Orlando_Florida.html

The "image" is painted in words:​

ETA - found some images to help visualize these disaster rooms. Seriously, there are no rooms on property worse than these: (taken from http://allears.net/2012/07/30/animal-kingdom-lodge-jambo-house-part-one/)
This is the walk way from Jambo down to the park bus stop. Note that wall on the left.​
Animal-Kingdom-Lodge-010.jpg
Let's take a closer look. While this photographer (JSpence) was admiring the artwork, he failed to realize the significance of that opening at the top. That's so the balcony just behind here could get some fresh air and not be considered a closet.​
Animal-Kingdom-Lodge-011.jpg
That wall is 10' high. No daylight, no breeze, just misery.​
I can't take it!!!!
:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!