Worst Room View Pics Thread

I finally have a room view to add to this thread.

Please understand that I am not complaining. I booked a Standard view room and that is what I got. This is the least expensive room category at the Contemporary-on the whole monorail route really, so I was thankful to have it. I knew we would not have time to sit and enjoy the view this trip anyway.

It is just that this thread was the first thing I thought of when I opened our curtains to see this wall. Also , I figured it might be helpful to those who wonder what a standard view at CR might look like. I had figured we would be facing the parking lot, but this was fine with me.

I think THIS might be the winner though seems inappropriate wording to list this in reservation as ANY kind of view. Come on now, brick wall on the window?!![/QUOTE]

LOL! OK this was mine- 3 years ago!!!
It wasn't as bad from this different angle!
Honestly, I look back at that trip and room as wonderful!!

IMG_4217.JPG

No pictures, but we just got back from a stay at the Poly Villas. We had a 3rd floor room in Pago Pago on the parking lot side. The view wasn't great -- parking lot and monorail through the palm trees -- but the main issue was that when we were sitting on the balcony, all we could hear was the noise from the transportation center, particularly the announcers and engines from the MK parking trams.

I can't believe room 1221 at VGF hasn't been posted yet! I had that room once later in 2014 from when these photos were taken. It was fine, but I hope I don't get ever the room again to be honest!

548b37794ea9e592b512b28fb5344d56.jpg

https://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-updated-12-16-2016.3192814/page-6#post-50439389

Last edited:

I think THIS might be the winner though seems inappropriate wording to list this in reservation as ANY kind of view. Come on now, brick wall on the window?!!

LOL! OK this was mine- 3 years ago!!!
It wasn't as bad from this different angle!
Honestly, I look back at that trip and room as wonderful!!

View attachment 221464[/QUOTE]

We had almost this exact same "view" last month. Either way, it wasn't dumpsters or construction vehicles AND we were at the Contemporary!

I'm with the others on this thread in that standard view at WL is among the worst views. Wish I had taken a picture when we were there way back in 2012, but our family STILL so affectionately refers to it as the "dumpster view trip." Still a great resort, just pay up for the view.

:rotfl::eek:
Back in June we had this horrendous view of Seven Seas Lagoon and the MK bus stops and the Poly and the GFR... oh, and MK. All from our balcony on the 9th floor of the CR. I mean, just look at that horrible view:
13566913_10208940950657461_1550300308369659035_n.jpg

It was so bad, we ate breakfast out there!
13557952_10208940950417455_8698495042995751024_n.jpg

Oh my!! That is absolutely the worst view ever!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I'd suffer through breakfast too.

Behold Contemporary 6201. Imagine our excitement when we opened the curtains! Thankfully we had a quick stay here, so it was more comical than anything.
IMG_7327.JPG

Back in December we had another gem, Beach Club 3722, which I see has already been given its due respect, but I'll show another picture because we mostly thought it was hilarious that it had a balcony!
IMG_7137.JPG

OMG some of these are hilarious - at least they are if my family isn't staying in any of them but, if I was there paying Disney prices, I'm not sure I would find it very funny at all. I hope all of you with these truly terrible views had wonderful experiences while you were there!

Behold Contemporary 6201. Imagine our excitement when we opened the curtains! Thankfully we had a quick stay here, so it was more comical than anything.
View attachment 230418

Back in December we had another gem, Beach Club 3722, which I see has already been given its due respect, but I'll show another picture because we mostly thought it was hilarious that it had a balcony!
View attachment 230419

I think the CR one is pretty bad! The nice thing about the BC one is we could hang our towels out to dry w/out anyone complaining.

This looks like our first "Lagoon View" room at Grand Floridian! We did get moved, but our first room was on the 4th floor so we were pretty excited- only to see a big pine tree invading our balcony! I wish I'd taken a picture but this BWV room looks about the same.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY] I realized I never posted the BWV pool view picture. Here it is. Room 3094.

View attachment 230418
]

This was the exact view we had at the CR. It was our very first stay in a Deluxe and I was so excited. We looked at a wall out the window. Quite a let down.

That looks like a Grand Californian view ! Probably wrong, but it does look vaguely familiar when we stayed at VGC in January .

On closer look .............. That just has to be a GC room looking (partially) into California Adventure !

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!