Worst Room View Pics Thread

Sorry, I realized that after I posted it & I was too tired to delete it.

So sorry for screwing up the post but it was a bad room view to see someone elses pee in my room.
I think pee in the toilet constitutes a bad view! LOL!

Wow the dead tree is uggggly!

There might be a pool under there somewhere, but you certainly couldn't see it from your window.

I always get a standard view so I've overlooked parking lots and gardens I've never paid extra for a water view, what Disney considers a water view is comical.

However for out upcoming trip we are doing a MK view from the tower at CR, it will be the first time we pay for a view.

My guess is that people probably don't take pictures of bad views. ;)

We had a view of the smokehouse once, at WL. I don't think we took a photo.

Ok out of the pics so far I think I win...

IMG_2170.jpg

YOU WIN ! YOU WIN !
I'll take my pool view room (at full price) over that any day :scared1: :scared1:

Where is that ? for future reference....

Yes you are correct, it was room 6048 at The Dolphin. We kept the shades closed the entire stay! The sound of construction vehicles backing up (beep...beep...beep...) woke us propmtly at 6am every morning. Off to the far right is part of the Beach Club/Yacht Club I think.

We also had the worst view at WL.. the overlooking I guess you would say the service center or where trucks come and go all the time.... I HATED IT... I guess we didn't get a pic of it either... I was also moved... I cried myself to the front desk! I wasn't going to pay that much money and stay there.. plus the smell on the balcony was awful and the phone didn't work in our room... we told them to check us out and move us to CSR.. they moved us the next morning to a courtyard. We loved it!

IMG_2170.jpg

This reminds me of my stay at the SWAN. We had a view of the roof! :eek: Loved the hotel, but not the view. When I stay there again, I will be paying extra for resort view.

Yes, the Swan/Dolphin view is of the Convention Hall loading dock-thats one horrible view! :eek:

This reminds me of my stay at the SWAN. We had a view of the roof! :eek: Loved the hotel, but not the view. When I stay there again, I will be paying extra for resort view.

We had a view of the roof at the Dolphin! When the ac units kicked on it kept us up all night long

This horrid view was posted in a thread from a few days ago. It is soooo bad that it has to be shared - hope the OP doesn't mind! Views this awful truly do exist!! This is a Wilderness Lodge standard view room: :scared1:

wildernesslodgebadview.jpg

The original post is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1668643

Talk about claustrophobia!! :scared:

I am staying at Wilderness Lodge in 3 weeks, and I am so glad I booked a courtyard view, since there is NO WAY I can get that room!! :faint:

This horrid view was posted in a thread from a few days ago. It is soooo bad that it has to be shared - hope the OP doesn't mind! Views this awful truly do exist!! This is a Wilderness Lodge standard view room: :scared1:

wildernesslodgebadview.jpg

The original post is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1668643

Talk about claustrophobia!! :scared:

I am staying at Wilderness Lodge in 3 weeks, and I am so glad I booked a courtyard view, since there is NO WAY I can get that room!! :faint:

Looks like the view I had at the SWAN. It seems like these rooms would be classified as "limited view" rather than standard...I know the US resorts have a limited view category...Im guessing Disney doesnt?

In July 2005 we took our twins on their 2nd trip to the World. The summer before we'd stayed at ASMovies and had enjoyed it. But after a great discount came up we decided to stay at AKL. We thought we'd splurge for a water view room. Here is the view from our balcony:

Looking left -
239733590-M.jpg

Looking straight -

239733604-M.jpg

Looking right -

239733554-M.jpg

If you look really, really carefully at the middle picture you can just barely see the blue from the pool. :rolleyes:

My parents were traveling with us in the room next door and believe it or not, they had a semi-decent view of the pool! We did talk to the manager, but our twins were napping and by then it was just too late (and too much effort) to move everything. When we returned from our trip, I printed these pictures off and mailed them with a nice letter of complaint and suggested that this "water view" room may not be one anymore due to the growth of the trees. Somebody actually called and talked to me about it and they agreed that at one point it probably WAS a water view room. They kindly refunded us the difference between the standard view and water view prices.

Luckily, that was our "worst" view (at least so far - knock on wood!).

Kristie :)

In July 2005 we took our twins on their 2nd trip to the World. The summer before we'd stayed at ASMovies and had enjoyed it. But after a great discount came up we decided to stay at AKL. We thought we'd splurge for a water view room. Here is the view from our balcony:

Looking left -
239733590-M.jpg

Looking straight -

239733604-M.jpg

Looking right -

239733554-M.jpg

If you look really, really carefully at the middle picture you can just barely see the blue from the pool. :rolleyes:

My parents were traveling with us in the room next door and believe it or not, they had a semi-decent view of the pool! We did talk to the manager, but our twins were napping and by then it was just too late (and too much effort) to move everything. When we returned from our trip, I printed these pictures off and mailed them with a nice letter of complaint and suggested that this "water view" room may not be one anymore due to the growth of the trees. Somebody actually called and talked to me about it and they agreed that at one point it probably WAS a water view room. They kindly refunded us the difference between the standard view and water view prices.

Luckily, that was our "worst" view (at least so far - knock on wood!).

Kristie :)

Yikes, yeah that room has definitely evolved into what I would call "garden view" room LOL.

Love this thread. Very original and too funny. I'm sorry I don't have any pics to share. We've been pretty lucky (knock on wood). What I love best about this thread is everyone's attitude. No bashing Disney or witch-slapping. ;)

Who has time to enjoy a view at WDW resorts? :confused3 We are so busy, our room is a place to nap, shower, change, and lay our heads down at night after a busy day at the parks!! ;) As long as my room is clean, the water runs hot and cold, and the toilet works, I have never concerned myself with the view. I guess I have never even thought about the view. This is why we don't spend the money on deluxe resorts, it would just seem so pointless to spend the extra money....:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter