Worst lighting / thunder storm I have ever been in.

TheLug

I learned, conquered, drank and passed on the Kung
Just checked in a couple hours ago. Non stop strikes on property. HEAVY rain. Possibility of hail!! This storm is nuts!

There was a weather front pushing through yesterday, and that always makes for stronger storms than the average afternoon thundershowers. It's supposed to be fairly dry now until next weekend, so you've probably experienced the worst of it.

I'm just happy to see some "cool" fronts working so far south - maybe one of these days we'll be out of the 90's! Probably not in time for my WDW trip next week though.:sad2:

Just a little to the west of the Fort, we got all the wind, extremely loud thunder, black as pitch sky, and no rain. It was coming from the northeast, which would have at some point put it over the Fort.

Friday & Saturday nights we went over to DTD just for something to do and on both evenings when we went home (about 9:30pm) it started to pour at I-4 & 192, and abruptly stopped at Champion's Gate.

That's Florida for ya! It can be raining on one side of the street and dry as a bone on the other. :confused3

Just a little to the west of the Fort, we got all the wind, extremely loud thunder, black as pitch sky, and no rain. It was coming from the northeast, which would have at some point put it over the Fort.

Friday & Saturday nights we went over to DTD just for something to do and on both evenings when we went home (about 9:30pm) it started to pour at I-4 & 192, and abruptly stopped at Champion's Gate.

That's Florida for ya! It can be raining on one side of the street and dry as a bone on the other. :confused3

Your right on that. But I have been through hurricanes with not near the intensity of that lightning!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter