Worst Ending to a Disney Trip EVER! (and other things that happened) - UPDATE 6/22!

Wow, I really should have done quotes because there's no way I'm going to comment on things in the right order!!

I'm going to wing it!

I like the chandeliers at BLT with the glass bubble things. They look like jellyfish.
Speaking of jellyfish, the Nemo pool at AoA is so cute!! I am thinking of making time to go look at that resort in May, because I really want to see all of the character icons and things.

Ugh, I'm sorry you had to wait so long for that pizza in the heat and then it ended up being blah. At least you had great options at Raglan Road and your lettuce wraps at Trader Sam's were good! I was happy to see your pictures from there, because I'm really looking forward to finally trying it in October when I'm staying at the Poly! I want the zombie drink too, and I want to buy the mug...although I'm not sure where I'll keep it. But I WANT it!

OH, and I love the giraffes outside of your window! The Lion King tile in the bathroom is really cool too! I think I would want to stay at Kidani just for that bathroom.

Exciting news! Congratulations! :cheer2:

I am really enjoying your TR since I'm gluten free too. I have not yet tried Trader Sam's, but it's on my list! We love going to Raglan Road and Cooke's of Dublin. Their GF fish and chips is deeeeeelish! I also really enjoy Blaze, if you're interested in some GF/DF pizza during your May trip. :)

I’m pregnant!!!
Congrats, again!

So this was the last straw.
Totally understandable!

We’re going resort hopping before we check-in to AKL.
Fun!

We went out to see the Nemo pool. I do really like the theming of this pool. So fun.
I do, as well. We've never stayed there but we checked it out on our last trip.

I wanted to show my mom the Cars pool so we walked around to that section.
My boys love Cars to we checked out the whole section...in June. Yep, hot!

I have seen in the rooms before and they are a little bit too themed for me. Very “loud” for my taste.
I definitely think the Nemo rooms are. The Cars ones seem better, as well as the Lion King ones. We booked AoA twice on our last trip. A Cars suite. Again, my boys would've loved it but Mom really wanted SSR or OKW and once SSR showed up as available with a discount, we switched. In the end, I'm sure it was a better (more quiet) resort but I know my boys would've had fun at AoA.

Nope. I’m just a crazy WDW fan.
I totally get that!

Yikes. They were really nice but it was such a long wait. 45min later, I got my pizza. It was not very done and didn’t taste that good.
Aw man. Stinks!

As we walked out the door, my dad said, “No more of that!”
:rotfl2:

It smelled exactly like my extended families’ cow barns.
:crazy2:

We walked over to BLT to check it out. This is the view of MK from the walkway between buildings. It was open air.

20160909_150141-jpg.229658
Very nice!

Nice photo!

He was taking names for Trader Sam’s already! I put our name in and he said that I was #4 on the list so we would get our pick of tables.
So glad you went and talked to him! SCORE!

I got the Shrunken Zombie Head drink. Mmmmmmmmmm. I love a good zombie drink. The server came out moaning and shuffling as he brought me the drink. Awesome!

20160909_162236-jpg.229669
I love it!

I love all the special effects that go on in here while people are ordering drinks.

SOOOOO MUCH FUNNNNN!!!!!!! I LOOOOVVVE this place!!!!
I totally need to check this place out.

I had gotten a text while we had been walking from BLT to MK that our room was ready. So we drove straight to Kidani, parked the car in Pumbaa, and went straight up to our room.
So convenient!

We’ve had very good luck with animals hanging out right outside our window both times we’ve stayed at Kidani.
Wow, how nice!

at least I finally have my own space!
Yay!

(The bathroom off the bedroom.)
This is very nice!

We had a short wait and then we were seated across from one of the bars in the main room. We had a GREAT view of the stage!

20160909_210820-jpg.229686
Great view. I've never been here before but have heard very good things.

The music was good, our food was good
Good to know!

Sadly, she is not on at the Swan so I had some withdrawal from the past week. My parents were not aware of Stacey and all her goodness so I made them watch. I don’t think they got it.
:rotfl:

And to cap off the fun day, we did….laundry!

Wah wah.

Actually, it was nice to have a washer and dryer right in the room so that we didn’t have to pack two weeks’ worth of clothes in our suitcases.
I'm actually envious! We were in a 1 bedroom at SSR and had the W/D, but this time my parents are staying home so its just a studio....so no W/D in the room. Boo hoo!

Three adults to a hotel room is too much for me. So this was the last straw.

It sounds like too many!

I don’t think I accepted it too graciously. I really thought he should have thought of me before. Again, I should have acted like the adult I am and just said something but there is just something about my parents that turns me back into a 16-year-old.

Super frustrating.

Aw parents can be super frustrating :sad2:

I liked Coronado Springs at least from what we saw. We walked all the way around the loop and it was a long walk. It seemed a longer walk than POR but that could just be because it was getting quite hot out. Also, you go through Ole Man Island in POR that helps cut some of the walk. Not that it matters now that they are going to reconstruct CS, but I thought that the Casitas area was the nicest.

We stayed there and it was our least favorite from that trip but it still wasn't bad and I'd stay there again. I liked the food we had at Las Ventanas and the Pepper Market (aside from a gross lunch at Las Ventanas) and we were in Casitas and it was so close! I'm disappointed that Casitas is gone now, but maybe we'll try it again after the refurb. I'm excited for the new restaurant on the top of the new building.

Yikes. They were really nice but it was such a long wait. 45min later, I got my pizza. It was not very done and didn’t taste that good.

That is way too long to wait! Josh loves the pepperoni pizzas in the QS and gets one every time we go. I had a cheese pizza once and I wasn't hugely impressed. I'd rather eat something besides pizza on vacation though. But usually he raves about the GF pizzas so I'm sorry you got an icky one and the wait was so long!

We weren’t really impressed with the public areas. It would be really cool to have an MK view, though.

Same here. Although I think the rooms look really nice the resort itself has never appealed to me.

We chose a booth on the side under a “window” showing a volcano. It was awesome. The whole place was awesome. I cannot say enough awesome things about Trader Sam’s. (Though I probably shouldn’t because I always want to be able to get in!)

It is awesome!

Our server was amazing. He checked with the kitchen for our GF and DF allergies and we were able to get the chicken lettuce wraps without the hoisin sauce.

That actually looks good :scratchin even better without the sauce. I'm not crazy about the food menu there, but that might convince me to give the food a try.

I love how nice and quiet Kidani is. We’ve had very good luck with animals hanging out right outside our window both times we’ve stayed at Kidani. I’ve never stayed at Jambo house so I don’t know how their savannah rooms compare.

You were really close to them! We were on a higher floor at Jambo house and a lot of the day we didn't see any animals (although we were also not in the room a lot of the day), but every so often we did. And that one day I saw a ton of animals around sunset. So I think that savannah lived up to its name.

When we were back in the room, I popped on Stacey. Sadly, she is not on at the Swan so I had some withdrawal from the past week. My parents were not aware of Stacey and all her goodness so I made them watch. I don’t think they got it.

Josh doesn't "get" Stacey either. :sad2:

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months and beyond. :-)

Glad you are back - I was worried we would never find out what the worst ending to a Disney trip is ;-)

Ugh, I'm sorry you had to wait so long for that pizza in the heat and then it ended up being blah. At least you had great options at Raglan Road and your lettuce wraps at Trader Sam's were good! I was happy to see your pictures from there, because I'm really looking forward to finally trying it in October when I'm staying at the Poly! I want the zombie drink too, and I want to buy the mug...although I'm not sure where I'll keep it. But I WANT it!

I know! I'm running out of places to keep my Disney glassware. I have to be really really choosy. I didn't think I'd be able to fit it in this trip but after writing about it again and remembering how much I loved it, it's going in to my schedule no matter what!!

OH, and I love the giraffes outside of your window! The Lion King tile in the bathroom is really cool too! I think I would want to stay at Kidani just for that bathroom.

We're staying in Kidani again but only in a studio. I'm so sad we won't have that awesome bathroom in the room! #firstworldproblems :rotfl:

Exciting news! Congratulations! :cheer2:

I am really enjoying your TR since I'm gluten free too. I have not yet tried Trader Sam's, but it's on my list! We love going to Raglan Road and Cooke's of Dublin. Their GF fish and chips is deeeeeelish! I also really enjoy Blaze, if you're interested in some GF/DF pizza during your May trip. :)

I loooove pizza. Well, I did before being GF. I am going to have to check Blaze out. Thanks for the recommendation!!

I definitely think the Nemo rooms are. The Cars ones seem better, as well as the Lion King ones. We booked AoA twice on our last trip. A Cars suite. Again, my boys would've loved it but Mom really wanted SSR or OKW and once SSR showed up as available with a discount, we switched. In the end, I'm sure it was a better (more quiet) resort but I know my boys would've had fun at AoA.

Haha. I think that this is going to be a problem for me in the future....compromising what mom wants vs what maybe would be more fun for the kiddo. Especially at Disney World! Jenna doesn't compromise at Disney! (Well, she does. Just grudgingly. :rotfl:)

I totally need to check this place out.

Yeeesss!! Go go go go!!

Great view. I've never been here before but have heard very good things.

We always make a point to get here every trip. There's just something about the atmosphere that really speaks to us.

I'm actually envious! We were in a 1 bedroom at SSR and had the W/D, but this time my parents are staying home so its just a studio....so no W/D in the room. Boo hoo!

Booooo! I didn't know that a studio doesn't have a W/D. I'm glad I wasn't counting on that for my May trip!

It sounds like too many!

Remember that for future vacations with friends! Three adults in a regular room is too many!!

I'm excited for the new restaurant on the top of the new building.

That sounds like it is going to be really awesome. I would love to check it out. Hopefully the food is good!

That is way too long to wait! Josh loves the pepperoni pizzas in the QS and gets one every time we go. I had a cheese pizza once and I wasn't hugely impressed. I'd rather eat something besides pizza on vacation though. But usually he raves about the GF pizzas so I'm sorry you got an icky one and the wait was so long!

I'm going to have to try it again somewhere else. Spoiler alert: I didn't get pizza the rest of the trip so I have no idea how GF pizza tastes anywhere else on property.

Josh doesn't "get" Stacey either. :sad2:

I don't get how they don't "get" Stacey. :laughing: She's amazing.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

Thank you!! :jumping3:

OMG congrats!! What incredible news!

Thank you!! :goodvibes It was so incredible in so many ways. I think going GF helped!

Congrats on the baby! I was sick during my pregnancy all day too. As it went on it reduced to just morning which still stunk.

Thank you!! :thanks: That does still stink. I'm slowly getting better but mornings are still a problem. I may have to adjust my May plans to afternoons and evenings!

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months and beyond. :-)

Glad you are back - I was worried we would never find out what the worst ending to a Disney trip is ;-)

Thank you!! :love: I'm also hoping that everything goes well. This is stressful stuff! Even when things are proceeding "normally". (It all feel so weird and not normal to me. :laughing: "What do you mean, I'm stuffy because of the baby?? That makes no sense!" :rotfl:)

You'll find out - I am determined to get there! :thumbsup2

Remember that for future vacations with friends! Three adults in a regular room is too many!!

Josh told me they'd get their own room thankfully. But since I still really haven't gotten to know her, and I don't think she's interested in anything but the trip I still have that declared as never happening. Josh is also friends with another couple who I told Josh I'd prefer they go someday if he could convince them because they're polite and I know both of them well.

I'm going to have to try it again somewhere else. Spoiler alert: I didn't get pizza the rest of the trip so I have no idea how GF pizza tastes anywhere else on property.

I think he's had it at Everything Pop, the Pepper Market, and the Mara. So maybe those are better? It did seem to take awhile at Pop Century though it nay have just been the time of day. He usually gets them later at night and there's not much of a wait.

I don't get how they don't "get" Stacey. :laughing: She's amazing.

Exactly!

Booooo! I didn't know that a studio doesn't have a W/D. I'm glad I wasn't counting on that for my May trip!
The good thing is, even in a studio, if you stay on points, you have access to the laundry room and the W/D for free, so I'll still be doing laundry...just not as much and not as conveniently. Not sure about cash ressies though.

Congratulations on the pregnancy. I hope you are feeling less sick now?

I have spent a very enjoyable afternoon reading your trip report. You look so much like your mum! Thank you for sharing your pictures and experiences.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I stay off the Dis for a bit (darn life AKA work mostly - but also 2 trips, gets in the way sometimes) and come back to hear that you are expecting! That's awesome.

Yes, three adults in one room is tough. But to be honest, I spent 2 weeks with three adults and a 14 year old. One week at All Star Sports and one week at Port Orleans Riverside. It was crowded, but doable for Disney! LOL My next trip, I told my sister (a different one) that I think 5 of us in one room would be too many, so we opted for 2 rooms. :)

I just found your trip report the other day after reading about your Dismeet in mollydolly334's report, and now I am all caught up!

Congratulations!! Hopefully the tough parts of pregnancy will start to fade away a bit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter