WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

Worst service - Raglan Road. They accepted our post-La Nouba dinner ADR with no mention that after a certain time of night, they only offer an abbreviated "pub menu". They seated us with menus, and between waiting 30+ minutes with no one coming to the table and us realizing that the items we'd really wanted to try were only on the normal dinner menu, we gave up and left. We strolled down to Planet Hollywood and had a fantastic dinner.

Worst atmosphere - The Wave. Feels like you're dining in a hotel conference room. Food was nothing to write home about either.

Worst food - Maya Grill at Coronado Springs. Pureed bland guacamole, stale chips, rubber steak in the fajitas.

Worst for us was Boma for Dinner several years ago when we first stayed at AKL. Several factors lead to this. Most importantly I didn't like the food all that much. Everything seemed to have dried fruit or odd spices, just didn't do it for me. It would have been okay but for the amount of money we spent for dinner it was over the top. Also, the table we were sat at was right near the end of the "buffet line" so people were constantly standing right next to our table. "Hey Watcha eatin' there buddy?" Just an overpriced bad experience. We had a early morning breakfast booked here a few days later and I canceled it. It wasn't until our stay at AKL two years later that I learned that Boma for breakfast is a hidden gem and a RELATIVELY good bargain. I also found this at Kona Cafe. Breakfast is great but I wouldn't go near the place for dinner.

Worst dining experience was STK in Disney Springs by far. My fiance and I went back in February and love steak so we were really excited. Not sure if we went on an off night, but our server was downright awful. STK is an expensive place, so you'd expect at least some level of service. We had to flag him down multiple times just to refill our water once. I wish I could attribute it to the restaurant being really busy so he was swamped, but throughout the night we saw him standing at the bar area with other waiters just talking. He gave us our bread (which is covered in a pesto of sorts), and we had no idea what it was but he offered no explanation. Once our food finally came out (about 45 minutes after ordering), he never once came to check on us, even though my steak was extremely rare. I couldn't send it back because no one ever stopped at our table to ask how the steaks were cooked or if we needed anything. Steak wasn't even that good and we spent about $50 each on a 6oz steak. Extremely disappointed and we definitely won't be going back there.

We had this same experience. We were a group of 4 and told him we were going to order a bottle of wine with dinner. He never came back. He lost out on a $150 bottle of wine being ordered.

By a long, long way Art Smith's Homecoming. Appalling service and the food was just as bad. The moonshine cake was fab, despite the server trying to persuade me to have something else (why?) If I could that as take out I would have that one thing again.

Tonys Town Square, went once and never went back. The dessert was good but that's it. Service was good too but the food horrible. This past trip was Crystal Palace. Again, service was awesome and the desert was good but the food ...blah. For the price, I wouldn't do it again.

Garden Grill dinner

The food was bland. The booth/table we were at was incredibly awkward to take photos of my kids with the characters.

We were near some kind of door and there was constantly CMs trying to scoot by.

Interactions felt so much more rushed.

Last edited:
i think I have to say Tonys. I thought people were over exaggerating about how bad it was and we went for the parade package. It was not good. People compare it to the Olive Garden and I'm okay w/ the Olive Garden every couple of years, so I figured do it for the parade package. After eating Tony's, I feel sad for the bad rap that people give the Olive Garden. :lol I won't eat at Tony's again.

Tony's Town Square is as disgusting as EVERYONE says. The only reason I dined there was for the FoF tickets. The service was fine. The atmosphere, sweet. The food...inedible. I'm waiting for someone from the Humane Society to rescue Lady and the Tramp from that disaster of a restaurant.

EXACTLY We did the FoP package and sweltered in the sun prior to the parade and then we had a yahoo stand in front of us in the street once the parade started. It is insulting to the Olive Garden to say the least. I got the pasta trio figuing at least one would be edible. Nope.

We both had filets from Jiko for the first time a few weeks ago.
Next time we'll save $100 and Uber to the Texas Roadhouse on 192 instead for better quality. Not kidding. Most disappointing meal for the price on Disney property, ever. It was an overrated disappointment hard on the pocketbook.
We've eaten at a Shula's before, I would believe they would be one of the top places on property.

Yep. Same thing. People LOVE Jiko but we had a rude hostess, bad service and a terrible filet. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

By a long, long way Art Smith's Homecoming. Appalling service and the food was just as bad. The moonshine cake was fab, despite the server trying to persuade me to have something else (why?) If I could that as take out I would have that one thing again.

I haven't been to Homecoming, but when to his place in DC, worst Sausage Gravy and Biscuits I have ever had. The gravy was water thin and there was hardly any gravy, sent it back twice before I just gave up. Very disappointing and makes me not want to try Homecoming.

Since we only do counter service...99% of the time, and don't have unreasonable expectations.... We never have a bad experience. We are on vacation, healthy and loving life.
But when we do have an $$ sit down meal...we are even more thankful..and if you are thankful, then there can't be a bad experience. We are experiencing something most people in the world would only dream of.

Not me... If I am paying $400-500 for a meal at California Grill, it needs to be good. They aren't giving the meal to me for free. I feel blessed and happy that we get to go to Disney. But I don't get there no bad experiences and be thankful when I am paying a lot of money for the experience.
:sad2:

Pecos Bill’s many years ago. Our chicken sandwiches were undercooked, so my sister had to run out of the line for Splash Mountain to make it to the bathroom.

‘Ohana breakfast over 20 years ago. My mother and I had finished our breakfast and were trying to flag down our server for the check. In 40 minutes, he never came over. We finally just left. This was before everything was tied together in MDE or to your resort room.

We had dinner at BOG before it switched to a prix-fixe menu, and the food and atmosphere were incredible, but we had bad service. Our server neglected us the whole time because she knew the people at the table next to us. She'd bend over talking to them for extended periods of time, with her bottom pointed at my face. It took forever to get out of there because she was so neglectful. My kids were begging for things like water. We'd go up and visit with the Beast between courses and saw him come through 4 times during our meal. I brought my daughter to the entrance at one point and had her run around and dance because she couldn't handle sitting at a table for 2 hours. I thought about talking to a manager to explain how the server didn't earn an 18% tip, but I worried they would just think we were cheap because we were on the free dining plan. So, I tipped her, but I really wish we didn't have to tip her a full 18%. She truly didn't earn it.

We went to Hollywood & Vine for Minnie's Holiday Dine. I'm not sure if this is how they still do it, but when people arrived, they printed a ticket for them and put them in the bottom of a pile. Then they pull from the top. Ours got lost underneath somehow. We waited literally about an hour and a half for a table. Everyone who came after us were getting seated. When someone finally helped us and got us our table, Santa Goofy (who you meet at the entrance) went on break. That's fine; they said we can meet him after. We were seated. Every single character went on break right before our table. They must have had a designated break point or something, but this meant we never knew when characters were coming out and didn't feel comfortable leaving our table to get food, which was REALLY BAD FOOD. It took forever to meet the characters since they all had a break and costume switch. Then, when we finally were getting out of there, we stood in line to see Goofy and a handler came up to get him a break when we were next. I was about to lose it, and I think the handler noticed and realized, so he said one more family and let us go see Goofy before he left on break. It took about 3 hours to eat at this place, and it wasn't worth it.

Lastly, quick service Yak & Yeti food is really bad, too.

Pecos Bill’s many years ago. Our chicken sandwiches were undercooked, so my sister had to run out of the line for Splash Mountain to make it to the bathroom.

‘Ohana breakfast over 20 years ago. My mother and I had finished our breakfast and were trying to flag down our server for the check. In 40 minutes, he never came over. We finally just left. This was before everything was tied together in MDE or to your resort room.

When I was at Art Smith's I ordered Fried Green Tomatoes, something I've never had and being a Brit didn't know what to expect. It was nearly raw with some crumbly stuff sprinkled on it, I took a photo of it, which I stupidly deleted after I left as it wasn't very pleasant. Later on I had severe stomach cramps and talking to a friend who lives in the US and knows this type of cooking, she told me that FGT are supposed to be cooked properly otherwise they cause stomach problems. They knowingly gave me uncooked food that could cause problems. The place was completely dead that day, so no excuses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter