Worried about negative reviews if the B resort

TeresaWen

DIS Veteran
Anyone stay in a junior suite at the B? I am getting so nervous about my upcoming trip. So many reviews on trip advisor, Facebook, and yelp. Consistent themes: Hotel run down (looks nothing like the pictures) and poor service.

We go in a fee weeks! Strongly considering switching.

what is your budget? and why did you not pick another resort ?
really just curious
Staying for nine nights and was trying to keep it under $2500 for hotel and we wanted a suite. Thought it looked cool, love being close to Disney springs, and at the time I booked thought we would have 60 day fast passes.

I have no idea. But I read about it being okay unofficial guide?
and I believe 60 days is for Disney hotels only. I think you got that idea from the recent news about the Disney springs hotel. So maybe I am wrong?

People on the boards really like the B. I have stayed there once and thought it was good. It's a nice room and a good location. I booked another stay with them this summer.

Staying for nine nights and was trying to keep it under $2500 for hotel and we wanted a suite. Thought it looked cool, love being close to Disney springs, and at the time I booked thought we would have 60 day fast passes.
You were supposed to get 60 days FP with the Disney Spring Hotels, including B resort. As well as Extra Magic Hours.
Can't comment on reviews but there are a few people on here that have good things to say about it. I believe they are also a mousesavers preferred hotel.

You were supposed to get 60 days FP with the Disney Spring Hotels, including B resort. As well as Extra Magic Hours.
Can't comment on reviews but there are a few people on here that have good things to say about it. I believe they are also a mousesavers preferred hotel.
Thanks. I got an amazing rate with MouseSavers.

It was pretty confusing when the 60 day was announced. In January - when my 60 day window opened - you had to book through Disney to get this.

It is slowly being rolled out to all DS hotels. Looks like B will be among the last :)

Hopefully the rooms are as bright and clean as they look in pictures. Not expecting luxury. Just modern, clean, bright, comfortable.

Have stayed probably half a dozen times, with all different kinds of rooms including tower, lanai and pool/patio room. I think it looks like the pictures. I never saw anything that looked like it was run down. What folks may see is that this hotel building is old, one of the original hotels but when B bought it they renovated and painted every surface. Great dining option, one of the best quick mart type stores inside, kids play room, nice bars, nice pool area.

Have stayed probably half a dozen times, with all different kinds of rooms including tower, lanai and pool/patio room. I think it looks like the pictures. I never saw anything that looked like it was run down. What folks may see is that this hotel building is old, one of the original hotels but when B bought it they renovated and painted every surface. Great dining option, one of the best quick mart type stores inside, kids play room, nice bars, nice pool area.
Thank you! Don’t know why I’m stressing so much! I am making my husband nuts!

I have no idea. But I read about it being okay unofficial guide?
and I believe 60 days is for Disney hotels only. I think you got that idea from the recent news about the Disney springs hotel. So maybe I am wrong?
All of the Disney Springs hotels on that one strip of road(I can't think of the name) are supposed to now be eligible for Extra Magic Hours AND the 60 day FP window.

Thank you! Don’t know why I’m stressing so much! I am making my husband nuts!
Same with me - My husband just makes a decision on something and that's it! I have changed our reservation several times and I'm now considering the B Resort even thought I currently have reservations at TWO other resorts (one on Disney, one Disney Springs). He told me to make a list of pros and cons of each resort and choose the one with more pros. Ummm, it's not that simple!

Same with me - My husband just makes a decision on something and that's it! I have changed our reservation several times and I'm now considering the B Resort even thought I currently have reservations at TWO other resorts (one on Disney, one Disney Springs). He told me to make a list of pros and cons of each resort and choose the one with more pros. Ummm, it's not that simple!
I did that! Tried to list what I liked about the b and the other resort I had a reservation for. Came down to the b having a window in the living space of the Jr suite and the other having the window in the bedroom. I need light! The hotel looks nice and bright.

I have stayed at the B several times before starting a Disney trip, heck even for a two night non Disney stay prior to a cruise. We have had good luck with the rooms, even got some of the poolside ones that walk out and they upgraded my mom to a pool side suite which was nice. To me the beds were comfortable, rooms were nice and everyone was very friendly. We have not taken advantage of transportation or anything but being close to Disney Springs was a plus and then of course we were very close to the WDW hotels to check in the next morning before heading to a park for EM hours :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!