World Showcase

antnee

Chasing Amy
I am looking for exciting things to do at the WS pavillions.

So far I have:

Paris: Dined, enjoyed pastry and saw the shows
Italy: bored with and always DIS-appointed - I hated masqeurade
England - Had cider beer and Fish n Chips
Mexico - have done the ride, dinner (bleh) and shopped

but what else is there

Truly WS sometimes disappoints me
:headache:

We enjoy spending time watching the various shows at each country. What time of yar will you be there? Sometimes there are different entertainment at the American Garden Theater. Have you ever browsed through the shops at each country or talked to CMs about their native culture, history, customs, holidays, etc.? Just a thought ...

We really loved the taiko drummers in the Japan pavillion. Probably our favorite show in the World Showcase. Also, we loved Off Kilter in the Canada pavillion.

As the above post mentioned, you gotta hear Off Kilter! Those guys are great. Can you imagine bagpipes with guitars and drums playing rock and roll?? Well, that is Off Kilter!

We also enjoy the band British Invasion in the UK. They do Beatles songs. They play back in the garden area behind the shops. It is a very pretty area to sit and relax.

The movie in Canada is one of our favorites. The food at LeCellier is excellent. They make a very good steak.

Have you gone on the ride in Norway? We like it also. Sometimes we do skip the movie. But it is one where you can sit down.

Hopes this helps!:wave:

Our favs are:

Off Kilter-Canada
World Showcase Players doing King Aurther and the Holy Grail-UK
Voices of Liberty-American Adventure
Margaritas-Mexico

Try bungie jumping! Just kidding...I can't say that anything in World Showcase could be considered exciting but it sure is quality entertainment.

Canada has a great movie (360)..sorry you have to stand. Wonderful gardens to walk through.

England...previously mentioned

France...very relaxing and well done movie...almost 360 but you can sit for this one.

American Adventure...great preshow and even greater show.

Mexico...come on, you gotta love the atmosphere and even though it is unlikely that you can water ski on the boat ride, it is fun.

Norway...not heart stopping but worthwhile.

All the rest, a real adventure in discovering different cultures and coming to the realization that we aren't the ONLY civilized nation on the planet. You meet some very nice, friendly people of different cultures. It can only help one grow.

:sunny: :wave: :hyper: ::yes:: :grouphug: :scratchin :cool2:

Don't forget Germany. Eat at Beirgarden. It's all you can eat and food is good too.

We love the Asain culture and find China to be beautiful! The Temple of Heaven building is stunning, make sure you go inside and see the show. If you arrive early for the show, they ususally have a woman playing beautiful harp music. The Chinese children acrobats show is also worth sticking around for. Those kids must start practicing when they're about 2 years old!
We also love shopping at the Mitsukoshi building in Japan. The have some lovely items for sale at very reasonable prices! Also look for the candy lady in Japan, she is very entertaining as well!!

Well thanks for the advice I have done most of what you have suggested, I guess I have run out of stuff to do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter