World Showcase do not miss

krose4

Thanking the Phoenicians
Hey guys!
My husband and I are going in mid august and I haven't been on a full Disney trip since we first started dating almost 8 years ago. As such I have no frame of reference on what not to miss in world showcase since 2010, and I've gathered theres been a fair number of changes.

We plan on rope dropping and will have most of future world done around or shortly after world showcase opens, giving us most of the day to tour. We have nothing "set" other than FEA at 2 and Rose and Crown at 730 (hoping to stay there through illuminations, and aiming to try and get on the patio).

What shows and activities, food and drinks are "do not miss" for you guys? For reference were in our mid-late twenties, enjoy drinking but not to excess, and love both playful Disney and more adult oriented Disney so nothings inherently "not interesting" to us

Voices of Liberty-USA
Serveur Amusant-France
Band (whatever band is the current band) on the outdoor stage-Canada
British Revolution-UK (stage near garden maze)
Sergio (Juggler)-Italy
-and-
IllumiNations-Reflections of Earth (WS Lagoon)

Last edited:
My wife, daughter (6) and I go each year in July or August and we will be back in a few weeks. World Showcase is our favorite part of Disney and we usually spend three whole days in Epcot. We love the Three Cabaleros ride in Mexico, Schofferhofer Grapefruit beer in Germany and just walking around each country talking to the cast members and enjoying the live performances and music from each country. Since it will be hot and possibly raining, you will want to try to catch some of the theater shows in the different countries during the afternoon. For something sweet, we love the ice cream at Ample Hills. It is on The Boardwalk so you would need to exit Epcot but the short walk is worth it if you love ice cream. If not, anything in Germany, France or Norway would also be a great sweet snack depending on your dessert preferences. Number one tip though is to alot yourself time for each country and really just enjoy the wonderful theming of each country.

Sorry if this was long winded. I could have written so much more, lol.

World Showcase is our favorite part of Disney and we usually spend three whole days in Epcot.

Me too! I could spend three whole days just in the World Showcase alone. One of my favorite things is watching the band play in the UK pavillion. I also skip TS and basically snack and drink around the word - a cold pint in England, cheese, baguette and wine in France, pretzel and beer in Germany, tacos and margaritas in Mexico, etc., etc. Visiting all the countries in WS is like having the best of traveling without jet lag or TSA lines!

absolutely Voices of Liberty in the American pavilion
Bakery and/or ice cream in France (if you're ever back there before 11 it is nice and quiet)
The chicken schwarma platter at Tangierine Cafe in Morocco was a highlight this past trip
School Bread in Norway lived up to the hype for us (the Cronut didn't)

For performances - Voice of Liberty in America and Sergio in Italy. I think those are not to miss. Maybe the drummers in Japan - but don't go out of your way for that.

Since you like to drink but not to an excess - make a plan for that. Have a margarita or a beer or do a wine flight, or?? I think taking the time to enjoy an alcoholic drink someplace is a nice touch for couples over 21.

They are replacing the Duffy the Bear activity in Kidcot with something new this month - that activity MIGHT be fun for adults, too. Yet to be seen. My significant other and I do that on some trips.

It's August - so it is going to be hot - so maybe take the time to do whatever the indoor activity (show) is in each country.

You've got A LOT of time between the 2 pm FP and your dinner reservation at 7:30 pm - so take it slow......

Les Halles in France for a snack for sure! Spice Road Tables is also great for mid-afternoon munchies.

Voices of Liberty is my top must-do performance, though I usually dip out and skip the American Adventure show. I also love the Matsuriza drummers in Japan. I just wish they'd bring back the World Showcase Players! They were the best!

As a drinker, one of my favorite spots is St. Mark's Square in Italy with a glass of wine at the tall tables. Great for people watching! I also enjoy lounging by the fountain in France with wine, or the fountain in Germany with a Schofferhoffer grapefruit beer.

Dont go all-in on the Rose and Crown for fireworks viewing. Have a back-up spot for sure, because the viewing can be a bit dodgy at the restaurant, whether you're lucky and have a patio seat or if you're in the ropes off area for all dining guests. I'd recommend just up toward Canada near the rocks.

I think Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape concert thing is happening until Aug 19. I haven’t seen it, but if you like that music, I’ve heard it’s pretty fun.

SO much to do in World Showcase!

My advice is to go into each country and explore the little shops. SO many hidden finds with great gifts!

Also don't treat it like a theme park. Take time to relax, explore and enjoy the experience.

Just goes to show that we're all different, I'm lucky if I last a day.

I was thinking the same thing!!! A day is good enough for us. We might go for night EMH just to ride the rides again, but that's it!

Voice of Liberty in American Pavilion is a do not miss!!!
Otherwise we just walk around, have a drink here and there, go into the shops.

We also take a selfie in each country. We pick a theme, and take a picture of something with that theme in each country. It's usually hats! But makes it a little more fun to go into each country and look around for something to take a picture with. :)

In Mexico - get out of the sun and heat ( or rain ) by going in the pyramid and going on the ride and doing some shopping in an outdoor market ( it's all inside and beautiful ). Outside you can catch the mariachi band to make the theme complete.
In Norway - Frozen Ever After ride. ( Try and get a FP for this one as it's usually a long wait time if you don't have one )
In China - The Acrobats of China and very talented and the movie here is good. ( Think travel video disney style ).

You'll go through the Africa area - the statues and masks are hand carved and several times a day there is someone there carving a new project.

In Morocco - a really run outdoor market ( another awesome theme area )
In Germany - check out the Karamelle-Kruche ( run by Werthers Carmel Company ) for some unique sweets. Also check out the cuckoo clocks and the miniature train.
In Italy - we love stopping here for a glass of wine.
In England - the bands here are awesome. If you are fans of Harry and Meghan, they may still have some wedding souvenirs in stock.
In Canada - another great place for music.
In France - there is a street performer/balance expert who performs several times a day. He's great to check out.

And my favorite thing to do in the WS is take pictures in each of the lands.

We've spent a lot of time at World Showcase. I think part of the reason that we like it is that it allows us some time to be spontaneous. We wander through the shops, have a drink when the mood hits, stop and see the performers (my son loves Sergio the mime in Italy) and just see where the night takes us. The rest of our trip is very well planned, but aside from dinner reservations, WS is open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter