World Passport Collection

LisaStockman

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Has anyone stayed at any of the accomodation in the World Passport Collection?
Have the points required for the 7 night stay increased significantly over the last few years in the World Passport Collection?
For anyone that has stayed in these accomodations, are they of the same standards as the Disney resorts?
Thanks

Lisa

I wouldn't get too excited about this. My experience, and that of many others, is that whilst it is a good deal in principle, each time I have tried to book with member services, there has been no availability on anything this side of the Atlantic. Haven't tried US options, but comments from American members elsewhere would suggest that they have the same problem.

The cost question should not arise, because you swop one week's DVC points for one week's accommodation elsewhere. In theory, the standard should be the same, but who knows??

:rolleyes:

I think the fact that not all II resorts are available as a swap for DVC indicates that the standard is near to that of the DVC resorts, i.e. DVC have cherry picked the resorts it considered suitable for swapping. Whether this is actually the case, I don't know!

As far as availability goes, we've seen a number of posts here and on the main DVC board which suggest it's not as easy as it sounds to get what you want. It sounds as though there's usually something available in the system, but not necessarily anywhere near (time or place) what you've requested. I imagine this is more of a 'problem' for those DVCers outside of mainland USA who have to make long-haul travel arrangements.

Maybe the fact that we all post on these boards indicates that we are 'planners' and less suited to a lucky-dip approach to vacations. But then DVC is all about forward planning too, isn't it?

Hi,
I just confirmed 2 one bedroom units at The Marriott Desert Springs resort for next June with no trouble at all. The CM I spoke to offered me 3 different resorts to choose from and said the Marriott had the best survey results so thats what I went with.
Cost me 124 points per unit a bargain I reckon.

Mick.

:smooth:

After being critical of this and sceptical as to whether we would ever get anything in Europe during a school break, we were left a message from Disney saying they had found us two properties next summer in Spain/Portugal.

Problem is, that you have to reply in 48 hours and we were away on a long break, came back after the time had passed to find they had been passed on to other lucky travellers.

The positive side being that there is hope out there to get places in peak times so keep trying (but not too much otherwise I might not get anything);)

i would disagree strongly.........we always get our ressies for those arrangements...........i even booked a hawaii trip two weeks out and got them............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter