World Passport Collection

spm23

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had any success with this.

I tried to get 1 week in any Spain resort next summer and with no luck at all.
The lady said I could go on the wait list to see if anything came up, I agreed and she then wanted the $75 fee but said it would be re-imbursed if nothing became available.

I take it that my 350 points are going to be spent going more to the states than I had first thought. Thats ok, as I can go to Vero or Hilton, but it just means the flight costs are a little more than Spain ones.

Do you mean summer 2005? Did you limit yourself to any particular dates?

I get the impression that it's the very vague requests that are most successful, but it's hard to tie up your flights / accommodation, etc. without being fairly specific, isn't it?

We're still trying to decide whether to tryusing our points for a DVC World Passport Collection next year, but it's not sounding too promising from your experience so far :(

I had a similar problem.

Due to an unforeseen cancellation, I ended up with just over one hundred RESERVATION points which had to be used by this August. Called Member Services in January, asking for ANY week between June and September at ANY UK resort. Was told that there was nothing available.

Seems to me that the WP collection is not quite the great benefit that DVC like to portray!

Disappointing!

:mad:

I wouldn't give up on it yet. We exchanged to Spain 2 years ago. Gave MS various dates & locations and we got an exchange offer within a couple of weeks.

It was in May, not in the summer, but also in Holiday time. We got a 1br at the 4 seasons in Marbella for one week studio at OKW.

Have you thought about Portugal as an alternative, there are also a lot of exchanges there.

jjpenguin

I have also tried to exchange to europe today but with no look for October 2004.

Spain, Austria, Portugal, Italy all with no joy

Has anyone generaaly had good success with passport collection because I feel florida is a bit far for 1 week in October in school hols?

Cheers

I'm actually rather puzzled by this 'lack of availability' :confused:

Over on the main DVC board, there are sometimes threads from people wanting to know how easy it is to trade IN to DVC resorts with other II timeshare ownerships. The answer is always "possible, but very difficult to achieve".

As I understand it, an owners inventory is put into a pool of availability for matching up with someone else looking for that resort.

Now, if there are DVC owners who want to trade OUT to II, and II owners who want to trade IN to DVC, why does there seem to be such a problem with availability on both sides of that equation?

I could understand it if there were always lots of DVC owners hoping to trade out, but no-one ever looking to trade in, but it sounds as though that's just not the case. In fact, the implication is that DVCers wishing to trade out are like gold-dust - which would seem to suggest that it shouldn't be difficult to find someone wanting to take DVC inventory from the pool, leaving their own II inventory in there.

Am I missing a vital link somewhere?

I've also tried on two occasions to 'trade out' for accomodation in Spain and the UK. Both times there was no availability. I also waited almost a year for some properties in California for August this year with no joy, ultimately booking (and paying!!) for accomodation myself. I am currently on a waitlist for accomodation next year with several properties and I have left myself a 15 month window to suceed.
Judging by my own and others experience I am not too hopeful. I'm definately of the opinion that the 'World Passport' opportunites are very limited except maybe for 'Lowest of the Low' Season !!!:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter