World of Orchids

daannzzz

OMG...Theres my favorite scrambled
I am bringing a friend to WDW in August who had never been to any Disney Park. We have only 4 days in Orlando and are going to take it easy and just do Epcot and AK. The other two days are for slower persuits. He love orchids and I thought I would take him to A World Of Orchids. Is it worth a visit? Thanks Dan

on A World of Orchids but I have read some about this place and seems like it could be an interesting as well as inexpensive way to spend a nice leisurely time since it is not far away at all. I have seen it mentioned in lots of online orlando attraction guides alongside other things and plan to visit atleast once also during next vacation so I guess stopping by might be nice.

Bumping this up in case anyone has any more info.

World of Orchids is rated very highly by some of more botanically-minded friends in Orlando. However, although I've driven past several times, it is not somewhere I can speak about first-hand. Their web-site is pretty good, though, and, seeing as how it is free admission, you can't really go wrong!

http://www.aworldoforchids.com/

You might also want to consider Cypress Gardens (www.cypressgardens.com) for a relaxing and extremely entertaining day out, with some fabulous floral displays. Leu Gardens, just to the north of downtown Orlando, are also very well maintained, and Kraft Azalea Gardens and Mead Botanical Gardens are also worth visiting in Winter Park (and both are free!).

Thanks for the info. We will probably try World of Orchids. I have wanted to visit The Henry Leu gardens but there just never seems to be time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter