World of disney store?

Is the store at DS under construction and if so how much of the store is closed off

Looks to be a "moving target" as to which parts of the store will be updated on which dates as the year goes by.

From HERE.

Wed, January 10, 2018
Reimagined World of Disney Stores Coming to Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts in 2018
by Steven Miller, Communications Manager

Shopping at Disney Parks is an adventure with hundreds of shops and boutiques to explore. The largest of these shops, World of Disney, serves as the “must see” destination for finding many beloved souvenirs from stylish apparel to home décor. Now, as part of continued enhancements to guests’ shopping experiences at Disney Parks, the World of Disney store locations in Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort and in Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort will be reimagined beginning in mid-February 2018.

When the interior redesign work is completed, guests will discover the products they love from Disney Parks in a dynamic and distinctly Disney retail environment.

Work will be completed in phases throughout 2018, so Guests can continue shopping in the World of Disney stores during construction.

Any idea when the construction will be done? I couldn't find any estimates online, but admittedly my searching may not be the best.

Any idea when the construction will be done? I couldn't find any estimates online, but admittedly my searching may not be the best.

Near the end of 2018 is what I gleaned.
Work will be completed in phases throughout 2018...

Construction is nearly always fraught with unforeseen delays, so don't be surprised if
it runs longer than anticipated.

It's a mess inside and the merchandise they do have can be found in other gifts shops around property.
Half of it is closed but it still gets the same amount people going in. There's a remote location with some of their regular merch right next to the lime garage

I was there on Friday and the half of the store that was open was jam packed. I’m guessing that location by the lime lot (it’s called Disney Corner) will change depending on what section of the store is being worked on. When I looked in it, it was majority little princess dress and the like.

we were there the first week of April. It was like hell on earth. It was so hot in there, people were EVERYWHERE. Barely enough room to walk. I would totally avoid it if possible. Most of the items sold in there are available at other locations.

Our experience last week was terrible. Packed, half the store/merchandise, my kids were looking forward to it but were very quickly cranky and ready to go. We had much more luck at the giant store on the left of Main Street in MK.

Looking for the Make Your Own Light Saber place.....gone?

Build Your Own Light Saber was not at "World of Disney."

It was at "Once Upon a Toy."

Conflicting reports about the current existence of Build Your Own Light Saber.

Last edited:
I think the Star Wars Trading Post at Disney Springs has the make your own lightsaber.

Jeepers. That sounds horrible. I’m definitely no logistics expert when it comes to construction but it seems it would be easier to shut the whole place down rather than keep half open and unshoppable.

But Disney Park construction seems to be as efficient and Disney IT .... :D :duck:

I was there last weekend. It seemed that at least 1/2 the store was blocked off for construction. The shops on Main Street at MK had a slightly better selection of stuff. The only thing that WoD had more of was coffee mugs (vs the shops at MK).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter